MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10 Lies You'll Hear Before Pursuing Your Dreams Chad MacInsiders Announcements 5 11-03-2010 06:51 PM
Today is 10.10.10 Juve General Discussion 14 10-10-2010 01:20 PM
Irritated today. >_< lawleypop General Discussion 11 09-22-2009 09:48 PM
DREAMS @ MAC Call for Donations lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-30-2008 03:13 PM

Motivating Your Dreams Today!

Old 11-01-2010 at 11:14 PM   #16
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowHere View Post
He be pimpin?
digimon

digital monsters

digimon are the champions

Old 11-01-2010 at 11:21 PM   #17
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

NO motivations. Living all my dreams atm.
Old 11-01-2010 at 11:21 PM   #18
NowHere

Liked: 14 Times

Death motivates me sometimes. Knowing where my body will be in a hundred years makes my present day failure seem insignificant. Heck, knowing where the earth will be in a hundred years makes my present day seem insignificant.

Go for it then! Why not?
Old 11-01-2010 at 11:33 PM   #19
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
orly

any complications
Small halo that completely faded after 2ish months.
Old 11-02-2010 at 02:53 PM   #20
NowHere

Here's a question:

Would you rather pull the wool over your eyes and go after "realistic" dreams while telling yourself that it's better than nothing (or that the other stuff wasn't worth it anyway; sour grapes)?

Or would you rather go after what you really want despite the likelihood of initial difficulty, failures and setbacks?
Old 11-02-2010 at 03:03 PM   #21
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

I only have one big dream: true love. I'm not worried about finding a job I'm happy with; salary is irrelevant. I'm not worried about a car; I am not a materialist. Having a loving, stable girlfriend is really the only thing that actually makes me happy.

Although my one material dream is to be in a band, and I used to dream about playing professional soccer but I haven't given up on that one completely.
Old 11-02-2010 at 03:15 PM   #22
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Nothing motivates me anymore.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-02-2010 at 05:21 PM   #23
NowHere

Here's a quick tid-bit I wrote up at the library today:

How would you live if you were to die tomorrow?

A powerful sentiment but difficult to employ directly. Of course if you knew you were going to die tomorrow, you would not go to work or do any work today. But still, you would most likely do all the things today that you put off for "tomorrow".

I was inspired by this thought again while sitting in the library. I overheard someone laughing and saying they would show their friend a video if they had earphones. So I thought, yeah if it was their last day, they would probably ask around for anyone ...

Felt like not writing anymore.

---

Thoughts now:

Maybe if you don't feel so hot at the moment you might think to yourself, meh, I'll just sit here for a day and then die. I've been there and it's tough to give a magic cure to get out of it. Exercise might release chemicals in your brain to reverse this. Remember, it's all chemicals anyway isn't it? You know how certain chemicals are released in the brain when people see their loved ones? Just look around you and find the chemicals that will get you out of the funk. It's worth a shot!
Old 11-02-2010 at 05:30 PM   #24
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcars View Post
I only have one big dream: true love. I'm not worried about finding a job I'm happy with; salary is irrelevant. I'm not worried about a car; I am not a materialist. Having a loving, stable girlfriend is really the only thing that actually makes me happy.

Although my one material dream is to be in a band, and I used to dream about playing professional soccer but I haven't given up on that one completely.
True love? C'mon now, we all know that doesn't exist. Have fun finding that when the divorce rate is 60% and when you consider the other percentage of people just staying in unhappy marriages for whatever reason. Sadly, it seems the thought that your happiness is dependent on someone else is heavily ingrained in your head, and this post won't change your mind, you'll just have to learn the hard way.
Old 11-02-2010 at 06:51 PM   #25
NowHere

I may never play in the NBA but with hard work and dedication I will be one of those guys that people respect and look up to on the basketball court. And I will drain the step-back jumper on you.
Old 11-02-2010 at 08:03 PM   #26
mickey2012

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Here's a question:

Would you rather pull the wool over your eyes and go after "realistic" dreams while telling yourself that it's better than nothing (or that the other stuff wasn't worth it anyway; sour grapes)?

Or would you rather go after what you really want despite the likelihood of initial difficulty, failures and setbacks?
There are some things in the world like sleeping, that the harder you try, the harder it is to achieve.
Old 11-02-2010 at 08:48 PM   #27
NowHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2012 View Post
There are some things in the world like sleeping, that the harder you try, the harder it is to achieve.
Hard =/= smart!
Old 11-02-2010 at 08:56 PM   #28
mickey2012

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Hard =/= smart!
God bless genius I guess.
Old 11-02-2010 at 09:04 PM   #29
NowHere

The knowledge you seek is within your reach.
Old 11-02-2010 at 09:12 PM   #30
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

What motivates me to go after my dreams now, instead of waiting, is just that life is way too short to wait for that perfect moment.

To get kind of personal, my dad died when I was eight. It was a sudden death that took everyone by surprise. Growing up, thinking about my dad, I realized that there's no way of knowing whether or not what happened to him will happen to me. I don't want to live thinking that I can put something off until tomorrow when there might not be a tomorrow. I'd rather live now and work to achieve my goals now, follow my dreams now, and be everything that I want myself to be now. I don't want to regret not doing something when it's too late to do it.

That's what motivates me.