MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10 Lies You'll Hear Before Pursuing Your Dreams Chad MacInsiders Announcements 5 11-03-2010 06:51 PM
Today is 10.10.10 Juve General Discussion 14 10-10-2010 01:20 PM
Irritated today. >_< lawleypop General Discussion 11 09-22-2009 09:48 PM
DREAMS @ MAC Call for Donations lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-30-2008 03:13 PM

Motivating Your Dreams Today!

Old 11-03-2010 at 12:04 AM   #31
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

I read this thread a while a go and I didn't have a particularly good answer at the time. I just finished going through my external hard drive and found a few old pictures I drew. They made me particularly sad because what they represent are unfinished goals and projects I abandoned and had completely forgotten about. Frankly I kind of feel like sharing.

Project #1: A thank you to an inspiration

In the summer of my grade 11 year, I attended the deep river science academy. This was my university mentor. she really inspired me to love science and definitely influenced my decision to go into science. One day she had seen me sketching on my tablet and mentioned that she thought I was really good and hinted rather strongly she'd love a sketch of herself. I meant to complete this as a thank you present but it never happened

Project #2: Coolest messenger bag ever

This is a design sketch for a messenger bag I intended to fabricate for university. back when I drew it up I was really into steampunk-style brass hardware outfitted leather, but obviously you can't buy that commercially, so i set out to make it myself. Sadly I couldn't find adequate leather in the little city I lived in so another project died.

Honestly I don't know what the driving force was that inspired me to start these projects, but I really wish i still had that inspiration, because these would have been brilliant if I hadn't lost that spark.

Kendoon, SilentWalker like this.
Old 11-03-2010 at 12:45 AM   #32
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replekia View Post
I read this thread a while a go and I didn't have a particularly good answer at the time. I just finished going through my external hard drive and found a few old pictures I drew. They made me particularly sad because what they represent are unfinished goals and projects I abandoned and had completely forgotten about. Frankly I kind of feel like sharing.

Project #1: A thank you to an inspiration

In the summer of my grade 11 year, I attended the deep river science academy. This was my university mentor. she really inspired me to love science and definitely influenced my decision to go into science. One day she had seen me sketching on my tablet and mentioned that she thought I was really good and hinted rather strongly she'd love a sketch of herself. I meant to complete this as a thank you present but it never happened

Project #2: Coolest messenger bag ever

This is a design sketch for a messenger bag I intended to fabricate for university. back when I drew it up I was really into steampunk-style brass hardware outfitted leather, but obviously you can't buy that commercially, so i set out to make it myself. Sadly I couldn't find adequate leather in the little city I lived in so another project died.

Honestly I don't know what the driving force was that inspired me to start these projects, but I really wish i still had that inspiration, because these would have been brilliant if I hadn't lost that spark.
Respect.

I too am/was into steam-punk and cyber-punk to the max.

Old 11-03-2010 at 08:04 AM   #33
NowHere

Liked: 14 Times

The most dangerous word is tomorrow.