MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moulton - Introductions thread Chad Moulton Hall Forum 116 08-29-2011 10:03 PM
anyone lived in a single room in moulton before? macbaby07 Moulton Hall Forum 13 07-07-2010 10:28 AM
Moulton hall to Life Science building... ishk33 Moulton Hall Forum 8 08-14-2009 06:21 PM
Moulton '08 Chad Moulton Hall Forum 91 08-21-2008 08:26 AM
Moulton Hall '07 lorend Moulton Hall Forum 26 08-10-2007 07:10 PM

Moulton Hall '09

Old 06-29-2009 at 11:00 PM   #46
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara_h216 View Post
I've heard that they can change it around to accomodate the wait-listed people. And to do that, they do change around some of the already assigned spaces. For example if someone decides to live off-campus and such. I know this from someone who just graduated this year from Mac
Well, yeah. If someone decides not to live in residence. But they won't or almost never will change people that are already in residence.
Old 06-29-2009 at 11:01 PM   #47
eycc11

Liked: 7 Times

If you are waitlisted, you may get lucky and actually get what you asked for, but as mentioned, I highly doubt they actually take the time to change the room assignments that have already been sent out...just to try and please everybody.

Last edited by eycc11 : 06-29-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 06-29-2009 at 11:01 PM   #48
minz

Liked: 0 Times

I REALLLLLY wanted the apartment or suite style.......... and now ive been assigned to bunk and loft which was the last thing i wanet... im totally freaking out....... i HATE thissss........... no privacy watsoever... anyone wana make me feel better?
Old 06-29-2009 at 11:04 PM   #49
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by minz View Post
I REALLLLLY wanted the apartment or suite style.......... and now ive been assigned to bunk and loft which was the last thing i wanet... im totally freaking out....... i HATE thissss........... no privacy watsoever... anyone wana make me feel better?
Don't worry; A lot of people end up getting along really well with their roommates and enjoying the experience a lot. Don't be sad!
Old 06-29-2009 at 11:04 PM   #50
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by minz View Post
It won't be as bad as you think. Just make sure to set rules. When my roommate had acquaintances over, I made sure I was not in the room. Plus I spent a lot of time in other people's room. My room was the odd one out, it was smaller than the others, so my "gang" and I chilled in their rooms.

Maybe you'll become really good friends with your roommate, who knows. But really it's just a room. I only used it to sleep and study sometimes. But I would usually have group studies or go to the study room (which was in the basement which equals awesome temperature.)
Old 06-29-2009 at 11:10 PM   #51
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Minz- I'm in the same boat as you, I wanted single.. or apartment/suite style.. but ended up with bunk/loft. Just remember that there's so many places you can go.. for example.. library to study .. study rooms and such.. To be honest, you'd just need your room for sleeping and relaxing maybe or something. And it's not like your roommates are going to be there all the time either. They'll be out at times too. Who knows they might even be your best friends in the future , and if not, it's only 8 months! with a 2 week break in between .

Wow that made me feel better too haha
Old 06-29-2009 at 11:47 PM   #52
minz

Liked: 0 Times

well.... thanks everyone ... that did make me feel a bit better... but im still sad a little... hopefully over time i start seeing the pluses and learn to deal with the minuses..... sigh...
Old 06-30-2009 at 01:20 AM   #53
robots

Liked: 40 Times

I've been assigned a single room with washroom in Moulton, does this mean my washroom is private or communal??
Old 06-30-2009 at 01:21 AM   #54
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by robots View Post
I've been assigned a single room with washroom in Moulton, does this mean my washroom is private or communal??
That means you got a private washroom in your room.

robots says thanks to PTGregD for this post.
Old 06-30-2009 at 12:16 PM   #55
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Guyss. 4th floor in Moulton is all girls right? And also, how big are the washrooms.. Lastly.. does the bunk/loft room have a bulletin board or no . Thanks!
Old 06-30-2009 at 12:42 PM   #56
Geek
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara_h216 View Post
Guyss. 4th floor in Moulton is all girls right? And also, how big are the washrooms.. Lastly.. does the bunk/loft room have a bulletin board or no . Thanks!

If last year is any indication, then yes, 4th floor is all girls.

If you mean the common washrooms, there are 3 toilet stalls, four sinks, two bathtubs, and one shower stall. It doesn't sound like a lot, but in my eight months of living there, I never had to wait once. If by a random chance they're full... well, find another floor!

The bunk and loft rooms used to be double rooms, so on either side of the room, the wall is essentially a giant bulletin board. However since they changed them into bunk/loft, both sides are taken up by the beds, so not much of the bulletin boards are accessible.
Old 06-30-2009 at 12:46 PM   #57
camais

Liked: 30 Times

if any muslims are out there
how'd u cope with the communal washroom dillema?
they'll know what i mean

Last edited by camais : 06-30-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-30-2009 at 01:43 PM   #58
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

I made a facebook group : http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1037820 31229
Old 06-30-2009 at 11:24 PM   #59
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by camais View Post
if any muslims are out there
how'd u cope with the communal washroom dillema?
they'll know what i mean
Camais- I know what you mean! I'm muslim btw Lol.. But after seeing my rez assignment.. I was in shock for a few hours.. cuz i expected to have my privacy with a single room and washroom :( but that's totally ruined.. So.. WHat I'm planning to do.. is just get used to it :(.. Be carefull.. and take care and such. and since the floor is all girls .. it wont be too much of a worry. Guess just take my clothes with me or something.. I dunno what about you
Old 07-01-2009 at 10:35 AM   #60
camais

Liked: 30 Times

not sure what im gonna do
cummunal washrooms suck...