MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hedden Hall 2012!! Sarah. K '16 Hedden Hall Forum 21 08-16-2012 02:56 PM
Moulton 2011-2012 amandab Moulton Hall Forum 20 08-23-2011 08:49 PM
Moulton hall to Life Science building... ishk33 Moulton Hall Forum 8 08-14-2009 06:21 PM
Moulton Hall '09 Chad Moulton Hall Forum 75 08-10-2009 12:35 PM
Moulton Hall '07 lorend Moulton Hall Forum 26 08-10-2007 07:10 PM

Moulton Hall 2012

Old 06-26-2012 at 07:59 PM   #46
gabbynelly

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssaah View Post
Hey guys I was in Moulton last year! I loved living there, I had a triple bunk and loft. Room 412, anyone in it? (I have pictures if you want to see!)

At first I was worried about having a bunk and loft and sharing washrooms because im an only child with a bathroom in my room at home.. but it was fine! Just go in with an open mind a lot of people are out of their rooms for the majority of the day so its not like you will always be in there with your roommates.

About moulton:
each floor has 2 bathrooms, each bathroom has 3 showers, 4 toilets and 4 sinks (I never had to wait for anything in the bathroom either)
There is a common room and a kitchen on each floor, common room has a tv couches and a few tables for doing work in there. The kitchen has a sink, stove, microwave, toaster, and fridge. You can store things in the common room fridge but it might get ate by someone else. Triple rooms are automatically given a mini fridge which will be in your room when you move in, but singles you have to order a fridge from the school and they will put it in your room before you move in (you cant bring your own fridge)

there is a huge common room in the basement with a wall of windows looking out into cootes paradise, and there is a big screen tv, ping pong table, pool table and lots of tables and couches down there, and in the basement there is also a quiet study room.

Ive seen a lot of people asking what A,B,C means.. A is the top bunk, B is the bottom and C is the loft bed (the letter also assigns you to a desk and closet space) You can switch with your roommates when you move in though if you want.
I hope you guys like moulton! I miss it :(
Yeah pictures please . Thanks for the information!
Old 06-26-2012 at 10:00 PM   #47
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Great to see everyone in here going into Moulton! Awesome! Congrats everyone for getting into residence!
Old 06-29-2012 at 12:08 AM   #48
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Here's a virtual tour of Moulton.. enjoy! http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...moultonVT.html

sdee says thanks to Chad for this post.
Old 07-02-2012 at 02:40 PM   #49
abeaucha3149

Liked: 0 Times

Does Moulton have a/c by any chance?
Old 07-02-2012 at 07:17 PM   #50
alyssaah

Liked: 4 Times

No it doesn't have a/c so you might want to bring a fan for september
Old 07-09-2012 at 09:58 PM   #51
mmatm

after attending an all-girls high school for four years, I come home to see that I'll be living on one of the all-girls floors at moulton woooo (i'm not complaining, but it wasn't what i expected either lolol)

anyway, does anyone know exactly how much closet space is given in a bunk and loft room at moulton? would you say it can easily be divided for 3 girls?
Old 07-10-2012 at 08:39 PM   #52
alyssaah

If you have bed A or B then your closet is a good size (big enough to walk into), bed C has a bit smaller of a closet. Last year I had a closet and 3 drawers under my bed and 3 drawers on the wall unit, as well as a large cupboard above the closet.
All you drawers and your closet is assigned to you by what letter are but you can switch if you want.
Out of all the residences I heard moulton has some of the best/biggest storage.

mmatm says thanks to alyssaah for this post.
Old 07-16-2012 at 08:32 PM   #53
stefanie_

If you got live in this residence consider yourselves lucky!
I was not impressed when I first found out and I was in a single on the second floor but honestly I love Moulton, will miss it this year and it quickly became my home.
Not going to lie, the regular triples are cramped , but the singles and corner triples are awesome.
The best thing about this res has to be the basement EMR! Hanging out till 3am is some of best emeories. as well as the nice flat screens so bring an HDMI cable!
Honestly I spent more time there then in my room. Mini Mac will become your best friend too! Also the res being one of the smaller ones is a benefit as you get to know people and become really close.

Basically, your in for an amazing year !
Old 07-26-2012 at 09:18 AM   #54
Pkreps

What size are the beds ??
Old 07-27-2012 at 12:54 AM   #55
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkreps View Post
What size are the beds ??
Twin/Single Normal unless you requested an extra-long bed for your height in which case it's a Twin/Single XL.
Old 08-15-2012 at 02:43 PM   #56
mockingbird1

Liked: 1 Time

Hi everyone!

You are all up for a great year in Moulton. I was in Moulton last year, room 314, and I loved it. I, like others, was a little disappointed with finding out I had gotten a triple, but it was a great experience! I even ended up with a great friendship with one of my roommates.

Moulton has great storage, decent room space and lots of common areas. Like alyssah said, the kitchen is well equiped and the bathrooms are never really busy, it really depends on when you have classes. My room looked out into the quad between Moulton, Whidden and Matthews. The view was great with lots of sunshine, and the common room was right beside my room. The piano playing did get a little annoying at times (there's a piano on every floor), especially in the middle of the night or if you're trying to sleep at any point.

I did find that in the winter it was a little too cold, it's great to have extra sweaters and blankets. I never really found it to be that warm except during frosh week, you may want to bring a fan! A fan is also useful to make sure the air in your room doesn't become stale.

Try your best to get to know people from all the floors, even after frosh week! Some of my favourite memories are of hanging out with people in Moulton in the EMR, which is a great common space in the basement!

Have fun!!

Ahmed.N likes this.
Old 08-15-2012 at 04:14 PM   #57
viscasd

moulton was great, i lived in one of the quads in the basement. the EMR (common room in the basement is great) most people spend there time in there. the triples are good, u will have enough room, but privacy sucks. other than that, if you have a good group of people, you will have a great time.
Old 08-15-2012 at 07:07 PM   #58
carolynchong

Liked: 2 Times

I had a single in Moulton. I was so happy with the size of my room and location of the building. West Quad rocks!
Old 08-16-2012 at 07:07 AM   #59
DarthFuzzy

Liked: 7 Times

Room 119! If any first year eng's need math/programming help feel free to knock on my door!

abeaucha3149 says thanks to DarthFuzzy for this post.
Old 08-16-2012 at 05:51 PM   #60
rabrab

Im in the 3rd floor of Moulton! nice to meet y'all (: