MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Broken Social Scene Arm&hammer Music 5 09-06-2010 05:54 PM
Drama lovers (k-drama, J etc..) Karthiga Movies & Television 12 08-02-2010 04:58 PM
Hamilton music scene julianface Music 2 07-27-2010 12:57 AM
The Hamilton Bar Scene: Clubs Chad Local Hotspots & Travel 3 01-05-2008 06:22 PM

MSU Drama Scene

Old 01-04-2010 at 06:13 PM   #1
akbadak

Liked: 0 Times

MSU Drama Scene
First of all thanks to everyone on this site , you guys have REALLLLLYYYYY helped me out so far, it's unbelievable, Mac is definitely my first choice.

Though I won't be in a drama program, one of the ECs I DEFINITELY want to try out is acting. Can anyone tell me what the Mac Drama scene is like (for what it's worth, this will be my first time acting)?

PS: I love you all!!!

Dunno why I put MSU in the title but you get it

Last edited by akbadak : 01-04-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-04-2010 at 07:34 PM   #2
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

haha I thought you were talking about some other sort of 'drama'...

But acting-wise there's lots to do at McMaster.

McMaster Musical Theatre Club
To provide students, staff and faculty at McMaster University (henceforth referred to as the McMaster Community) the opportunity to take part in a musical theatre production

Contact Name: Sarah O'Sullivan
Contact Email: [email protected]

There's also the Theatre and Film Society
http://mactheatreandfilm.com /

And McMaster Thespians that put on plays
http://www.macthespians.com/

akbadak says thanks to Chad for this post.
Old 01-04-2010 at 08:34 PM   #3
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

I checked this thread expecting to see some huge rant about the MSU and its "drama". Haha, I guess I was wrong...

akbadak likes this.
Old 01-04-2010 at 08:43 PM   #4
akbadak

Liked: 0 Times

yeah that was ma bad dogg
Old 01-04-2010 at 09:08 PM   #5
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbadak View Post
First of all thanks to everyone on this site , you guys have REALLLLLYYYYY helped me out so far, it's unbelievable, Mac is definitely my first choice.

Though I won't be in a drama program, one of the ECs I DEFINITELY want to try out is acting. Can anyone tell me what the Mac Drama scene is like (for what it's worth, this will be my first time acting)?

PS: I love you all!!!

Dunno why I put MSU in the title but you get it
hey if you look at those bulletin boards you will always find a lot of casting call - audition notices. There were quite a few last year

akbadak says thanks to sinthusized for this post.
Old 01-04-2010 at 09:33 PM   #6
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

You can also take theatre and film classes (many of which are more or less drama classes).

I believe their one of their fourth year classes is based on putting on a one-scene play, and they use volunteers and/or people from one of the third year classes to act in it.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 01-04-2010 at 10:27 PM   #7
mallo788
Account Disabled by User

Liked: Liked 3 Times

There are definately lots of opportunities available at mac for acting. as mentioned above, there is McMaster Musical Theatre MMT), and the McMaster Thespian Company (MTC). MMT does one show an year, and MTC does 2. There are also plays put on by the 3rd and 4th year theatre and film students. These shows are open to anyone to audition for (you don't need to be in theatre and film. Everyone is welcome to audition). While all the auditions are over for this year, there will be tons of auditions next fall. For information on audition and theatre at mac check out the McMaster Theatre and Film facebook page, and the website www.mactheatreandfilm .com