MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Tim Hortons Raises Prices Chad MacInsiders Announcements 30 09-04-2009 03:03 PM
Shinerama lorend Clubs 1 09-05-2008 07:11 PM

MSU FIT Leader Will Get Shinerama Tattoo if MAC Raises $80K for Cystic Fibrosis

From MSU News

Some people will do anything for a good cause. Maya Kanani, Leader of the MSU’s Fundraising Initiative Team (FIT) and the organizer of this year’s McMaster Shinerama campaign, is one of those people. In an effort to motivate donations towards Cystic Fibrosis, Maya has promised to get a tattoo of the Shinerama logo if McMaster manages to significantly surpass its fundraising goals.

According to the contract drawn up by Joe Finkle, the MSU VP (Education), if this year’s campaign raises $80,000, Maya will get the logo inked on her shoulder. However, if fundraising efforts total $100,000 or more, Maya will be getting the Shinerama logo her lower back.

“I’ve seen how much of a difference money can make for Cystic Fibrosis patients and if getting a tattoo will motivate people to help contribute to the cause, then I am more than happy to do it,” said Maya.

The official goal for this year’s campaign is $70,000, but with the new incentives in place, it looks like McMaster might raise more than ever before. McMaster students and Welcome Week reps have rallied behind Maya’s bold decision, doubling their efforts towards Shinerama. According to FIT, there has been a marked increase in fundraising totals since her promise went public last Sunday, September 4th.

Now that McMaster is nearing the end of its Shinerama campaign and approaching the tattoo-totals, Maya states that she has no regrets. “I’m always interested in hearing the story behind tattoos and I think that raising over $80K in a week will make a great story”.

Shine Day is this Saturday, September 11th, running all day 10am - 5pm and will be the last chance to ensure that this year’s Shinerama not only leaves a mark on McMaster history, but also on this year’s FIT leader, Maya Kanani.

For more information, please contact:
Maya Kanani
MSU FIT Leader
[email protected]
905-525-9140 ext. 26575
Published by
MacInsiders VP

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 09-10-2010 at 12:11 PM   #2
sew12
Elite Member
Program: Multimedia
Year: Fourth
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 473 Times
First years, GO TO SHINEARAMA.

I know its early and on the surface it may not seem as fun as some of the other Welcome Week events but I promise you won't regret it.

It really is fun and you get to do something to help people.

lorend likes this.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 09-12-2010 at 05:25 PM   #3
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member
Program: Science
Year: Second

Liked: 89 Times
Lol shes gettin a tattoo. Which i don't think will be regrettable even if shes 80 years old.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search