MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Presidentials 2010 Discussions Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-05-2010 01:11 PM
MSU Presidentials 2010 - Debate #1 temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-26-2010 04:21 PM
MSU Presidentials 2010 Candidates & Websites Chad Presidentials 2010 1 01-24-2010 10:00 AM

MSU Presidentials Approach

MSU Presidentials Approach
Andrew Richardson – SRA Humanities/Elections Committee

As of Monday January 12th the MSU Elections Committee will be accepting nominations to the position of President and CEO of the McMaster Students Union. The nomination period will last ten days and end on January 22nd at 4:30pm. As you may have noticed the Elections Committee has produced not only more eye catching proclamations but this year we have introduced a new set of promotional posters and media hoping to inspire students to participate in the elections more than ever. all interested parties must be a member of the MSU in good standing (18 units or more in an undergrad program).

The President of the MSU is responsible for representing the McMaster Students Union to University Administration, the Hamilton Community and to municipal, provincial and federal government officials. The President also is the chair of MSU Inc meetings, Chair of the Executive Board, Chair of the Board of Directors and CEO of CMFU Inc. The President holds office from May 1st until April 30th and may not have a course load of more than three (3) units per term unless the cap is waived by a 2/3rds majority of the SRA. For additional details pertaining to the job of the President please look up the MSU Constitution, Bylaw 4 – Officers and the Executive Remuneration policy.

Students can expect a ratified copy of the election rules to be placed online Monday to coincide with the nomination and proclamation period. The election is scheduled for February 4th and 5th, poll station information will be released along with notice of poll posters so be on the lookout! Additional information concerning the Presidential Debate Series will be forthcoming as details are finalized.

Any questions, concerns or suggestions should be forwarded onto Jon Scheiding, Chief Returning Officer at [email protected] .ca
Published by
SRA Member

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 01-09-2009 at 11:18 PM   #2
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)
Program: Business
Year: Other
Residence: Brandon Hall

Liked: 91 Times
Oh, cool. That's my plan for my last year at McMaster...Until then, I'll try to acquire enough experience so that I'm deemed as a possible candidate in my last year.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 01-09-2009 at 11:18 PM   #3
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Origins Research Specialization

Liked: 352 Times
lol this looks so dramatic!
Old 01-09-2009 at 11:53 PM   #4
DannyV
Elite Member
Program: Computer Engineering & Management

Liked: 207 Times
So are we allowed to discuss this online or will there be issues again?

Old 01-09-2009 at 11:58 PM   #5
KaesoPublius
SRA Member
SRA Member
Program: H German and Political Science, History
Year: Fifth
Residence: SOCS!

Liked: 1 Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyV View Post
So are we allowed to discuss this online or will there be issues again?
While I can't promise anything because I can't speak for the committee (we meet Sunday to ratify the rules), I can say that the committee drafted provisions for online discussion and campaigning, they just have to be ratified Sunday. So the answer is no, it's unlikely there will ever be problems of that sort again.
Old 01-11-2009 at 02:37 AM   #6
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Communication Studies & Multimedia
Year: Alumni

Liked: 1,731 Times
Love the poster, props to whomever made it, very movie-ish and epic!

If I get the chance I'll make a video trailer for the MacInsiders Coverage of MSU Elections 2009 and follow a similar style. Like last year, our coverage of the elections will also be 'epic'
Old 01-12-2009 at 11:19 PM   #7
summer
Program: Biology

Liked: 1 Time
OMG I am so excited, and I'm not even a Mac student anymore LOL... The poster looks fab!

Article Tools