MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Your City Survey finklej MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-06-2010 11:00 AM
Hamilton: More than the Steel City summer Local Hotspots & Travel 1 07-07-2009 03:07 PM
SOCS in the CITY Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 12-31-2008 01:46 AM

The MSU Your City Survey

The perceived lack of student engagement with the city of Hamilton is a big concern for the MSU; however before we can attempt addressing or even understanding this phenomenon we require significant primary research to identify concerns, shape our policies and eventually provide backbone to our advocacy efforts.

The responses will be analyzed in detail by the MSU External Affairs Committee and codified into a lobbying policy presented SRA that will then directly shape our Municipal lobbying efforts in conjunction with or with the MSU, McMaster and City Government in the upcoming.

The MSU is also providing additional incentive of 6-10 TwelvEighty gift cards worth $20 each based on the number of respondents! (6 for 200+, 8 for 500+ and 10 for 1000+) So please share the survey with all your friends! The gift cards will be awarded through a random draw of emails collected at the end of the survey.

Your responses are completely anonymous barring the option to provide your email at the end for the gift card draw.

The ONLINE survey is open from Monday February 14th to Sunday February 27th 2011.

**You can find it here: https://www.msumcmaster.ca/studentGovernment/repassembly/generalInformation/committees/externalAffairs/YourCity.htm ****

Please email External Affairs Commissioner Huzaifa Saeed ([email protected] ster.ca) with questions and THANK YOU for participating!

Please also hit attending at this page and invite your friends! http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...104415&index=1
Published by
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 02-14-2011 at 04:04 PM   #2
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
I live in central Hamilton. I travel into Mac and other places in Hamilton daily. I don't understand how to answer this..? I'm not really sure what it's asking either.

How often do you travel into Hamilton outside the McMaster Bubble?:
Daily(I am a resident commute from home in the city)
Daily(For Work or Leisure)

Last edited by Kathy2 : 02-14-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Old 02-14-2011 at 06:29 PM   #3
huzaifa47
MSU Staff

Liked: 360 Times
Hey Kathy, I wasn't 100% sure about how to phrase this one or include commuters from outside Hamilton or within Hamilton(say east end or mountain). I am going to take a guess and say you should go for #1 (Since you live outside the "Bubble", which is marked by the picture I've linked in the post script of that questions)

But I've also left an option for "other" so you can write that in.

The rationale behind this very important question was to differentiate as a control question the nature of the respondent. Someone(say a 1st or second year) who hasn't say gone beyond Hess Village will have a certain type of perspective of Hamilton than say someone who commutes from home in the mountain.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 02-23-2011 at 11:11 PM   #4
huzaifa47
MSU Staff

Liked: 360 Times
Hey Everyone!

If you haven't filled it out already the survey is still open till 11:59PM Sunday, February 27th 2011.

I know they aren't the most fun things to fill out, however I've tried to make sure that this one is heavily option based so it shouldn't take you more then 10 minutes as opposed to an awkward writing based one. But Surveys are one of the few effective options the MSU has to reach out to students at large from their busy schedules and grant us some lobbying power at all levels.

Around 520 people have already filled out the survey but if we could reach 700 by the closing date I suppose that would be a decent turnout.

So if you are looking for something to do and/or would like to help us out the ONLINE survey can be found here: http://goo.gl/JS2Sk

Please If possible also hit attending to the Facebook event and invite all your McMaster friends here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1793827 62104415

Thanks!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search