MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Still Can't Enable MacID Services?! Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-07-2010 04:12 PM
[email protected]!* You Mugsi Cassanova Academics 319 06-20-2010 08:25 PM
Mugsi Down healthsci1 Academics 9 05-16-2010 02:54 PM
MUGSI still available? Duarch Academics 9 01-02-2009 02:18 AM
Activate MacID before using solar? ralph2313 General Discussion 2 06-19-2008 05:47 PM

Mugsi & Activating MacID

Old 05-10-2008 at 10:08 PM   #1
__lexington

Liked: 1 Time

Mugsi & Activating MacID
How do i activate my school email address? Is there certain date I must way for?
Old 05-11-2008 at 03:36 AM   #2
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

You need to activate your MacID first. When you get a confirmation, you'll receive your macID which becomes your email login at https://muss.cis.mcmaster.ca

Old 05-11-2008 at 10:42 AM   #3
Cristina_n13

Liked: 23 Times

But I believe it'll be a while before we can get our email address. It's not letting us get them at this point. When you log into MUGSI it tells you that you won't be able to access anything until June or July (I can't remember which one). This includes your e-mail address.
Old 05-11-2008 at 03:23 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

You will likely be able to access them a few days before you can pick your courses.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-12-2008 at 12:25 PM   #5
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Here's everything you need to know:
http://www.mcmaster.ca/uts/macid/macidwebguide.htm
Old 05-12-2008 at 10:09 PM   #6
__lexington

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Here's everything you need to know:
http://www.mcmaster.ca/uts/macid/macidwebguide.htm
Thank you!

And I think you're right Cristina b/c I've already activated my MacID.
Old 05-19-2008 at 01:00 AM   #7
alee90

Liked: 57 Times

Sorry, but I'm REALLY lost with all this university stuff as i've been catching up on a lot of homework lately.
So i've acceped my offer to Mac, but now what should I do? what is this MAC-ID that I need to do?? Pls help =(
Old 05-19-2008 at 08:59 AM   #8
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Read this article: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=1811 5 it tells you exactly what you need to do all summer

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-22-2008 at 12:52 AM   #9
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4seasons View Post
Sorry, but I'm REALLY lost with all this university stuff as i've been catching up on a lot of homework lately.
So i've acceped my offer to Mac, but now what should I do? what is this MAC-ID that I need to do?? Pls help =(
See: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=1807 6
Old 05-31-2008 at 05:17 AM   #10
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

STEP BY STEP INSTUCTIONS AND FAQS
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...8252#post 18252

STEPS FOR ACTIVATING YOUR MCMASTER MACID SERVICES (YOU NEED TO DO THIS TO GET ON SOLAR/MUGSI!)

Quote:
Open a web browser like Internet Explorer, enter the url https://mugsi.mcmaster.ca and press enter.

You will be redirected to the MUGSI web page. *You may receive a notice informing you that the site is busy. Please try again later and we appreciate your patience.
On the MUGSI website, under Quick Links click on Activate your MAC ID.

A new browser window will open. Click on the link Activate your MAC ID.

Enter your McMaster Student Number, Barcode Number (found on your Offer of Admission letter or your Student ID card) and your date of Birth. Click on Submit.

Read through the MAC ID Terms of Use Acknowledgement. If you wish to continue click on I Accept.

Please note the password strength requirements. Enter a password for your MAC ID and verify it. Also set three personal challenge questions and answers you can use this information to reset your MAC ID password at anytime via the web should you forget your password. Click on Submit.

You will receive a MAC ID Activation complete screen, which highlights your MAC ID. Your MAC ID is used to login to MUGSI.

You are eligible for other MAC ID services like Email if you have registered for courses and made arrangements for payment. The email server, web address and email account expiry date will be shown. If this information is not displayed, complete your course registration and payment arrangements before Enabling Your MAC ID Services.
Click on Close Window.
Kindly contact the Service Desk at extension 24537 or send email to [email protected] should you require assistance.
Old 06-11-2008 at 08:27 PM   #11
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

I see on your last print screen that it tells you "Your e-mail is on....." I did not get anything like that my final page was one tell me my mac id that is it. Am I suppose to get a mac e-mail at this point in time?
Old 06-11-2008 at 09:54 PM   #12
FlyWithMac

Liked: 0 Times

You have to get ur courses registered through SOLAR and made a payment agreement to get ur email which is around late June or early July.
Old 06-11-2008 at 10:15 PM   #13
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

oh ok thanks alot!