Music 1AA3 shleyaa 1st Year Course Reviews 40 06-04-2014 09:21 PM
music 1aa3 prof strawbrryjam Academics 0 08-12-2010 11:08 AM
MUSIC 1AA3 help!! Jessica_Yu Academics 0 01-20-2010 12:15 PM

Music 1AA3

Old 01-07-2010 at 02:57 PM   #1
syan9184

Liked: 25 Times

Music 1AA3
This question is for people who took this course with Dr. Argentino.

Should I buy the textbook? I want to know because I do not want to spend over $100 on it if I won't be needing it.
Also, do the CDs come with the textbook or can I get them separately?
Thanks in advance!
Old 01-07-2010 at 03:16 PM   #2
katie_batt

Liked: 9 Times

I'm taking 1AA3 right now, but I took 1A03 last semester and from what I hear the two classes are very similar (same book too). The book was really really helpful for 1A03, you didnt even really have to go to class at all if you have the book because you are tested directly from it. There's also a really good textbook website where some of the questions were taken from on the tests. So I would definitely get the book if you will use it. The CD set is sold seperately, and that's the killer part because its so expensive.

syan9184 says thanks to katie_batt for this post.
Old 01-07-2010 at 04:55 PM   #3
lbqjenny

Liked: 0 Times

can you tell me that website??
Old 01-11-2010 at 11:10 AM   #4
andru

Liked: 3 Times

I have the textbook + CD's for 1AA3, PM me if interested.
Old 01-11-2010 at 02:10 PM   #5
sana1504

Liked: 7 Times

i might take this course next year. its sounds like an interesting course. what was the website you mentioned?
Old 01-11-2010 at 02:59 PM   #6
andru

Liked: 3 Times

the website is:
http://wps.prenhall.com/hss_yudkin_music_5/

I would say about 60-80% of all the test questions were directly from the multiple choice sections of this website. so spend 30 minutes to and hour before the test just reviewing/memorizing the answers. they are literally exactly the same... at least when dr. ostasawicz (hope i spelt that write) taught it. also she had something called word of the day... where the questions would be the same as the essay questions for the site.. all in all it was an easy course, except when dr. ostasawicz would mark written portions, she marked way too hard. i ended up with a 10, and spent maybe 15 hours TOTAL on this course (including studying for the exam).

sana1504 likes this.