Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
trade music 1a03 for music 2ii3 sj316 Academics 1 07-28-2011 07:48 PM

Music 2ii3 or Music 2F03

Old 06-08-2013 at 09:15 AM   #1
Swampis

Liked: 39 Times

Music 2ii3 or Music 2F03
Which is generally easier? I have to choose between these two if I don't end up getting Music 1aa3.
Old 06-08-2013 at 12:46 PM   #2
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

I've taken music 2f03 and it was a really relaxing course. For the first month or so we went over basic music terminology, but the rest of the course focused on music in films. There are only two midterms and the exam, and Dr. Mitchell is an interesting lecturer.

DMe3, Swampis all say thanks to Angoose for this post.

Swampis likes this.
Old 06-08-2013 at 01:07 PM   #3
Swampis

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
I've taken music 2f03 and it was a really relaxing course. For the first month or so we went over basic music terminology, but the rest of the course focused on music in films. There are only two midterms and the exam, and Dr. Mitchell is an interesting lecturer.
Thanks, how did you find the midterms and exam, were they tricky or straightforward if you go over the lecture notes? Would you classified this class as a "bird course" where 10+ is easily achievable?
Old 06-08-2013 at 01:28 PM   #4
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

It's definitely a light course, I wouldn't really call it a 'bird' course though. I still had to go to all of the classes since he only posts powerpoints with bulletpoints. If you study a couple of days in advance and watch the movies, you'll be fine. The midterms/exam was roughly the same difficulty, and there are rarely any trick questions to throw you off.

DMe3, Swampis all say thanks to Angoose for this post.

Swampis likes this.
Old 06-08-2013 at 04:01 PM   #5
exuberant888

Liked: 55 Times

I have taken both Music 2ii3 (with Simon Wood) and Music 2F03 (with Dr. Mitchell), and they are both honestly bird courses as long as you do the required work. The only annoying thing with Music 2ii3 was that it was a 3 hour night class, but the material is super interesting and Dr. Wood is honestly one of the best profs at Mac! (so funny, and entertaining...I sometimes felt like he was on stage to perform a comedy act since he makes so many jokes). As long as you take good notes, study the listening examples and read the assigned textbooks sections, a 12 is pretty much guaranteed. For music 2F03, the professor was still interesting (but not as good as Wood in my opinion), and I found the material more dry personally. The textbook readings for music 2F03 were pretty annoying, since they were long and tedious, and the professor doesn't really tell you what sections to focus on, while the prof for music 2ii3 tells you exactly where the questions will be coming from. Also, for music 2F03, he asks some of the smallest details from the readings and the movies, so make sure you pay close attention when reading/watching the films. For the record, I got a 12 in both courses Hope this helps!

Swampis says thanks to exuberant888 for this post.

Swampis likes this.
Old 06-08-2013 at 08:31 PM   #6
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

both are birrds... 2ii3 more bird i would say

easy 12s either way

Swampis says thanks to giftedchick for this post.

Swampis likes this.