MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
small Favor to anyone who took first year math courses luxhydrus Academics 15 12-17-2010 10:50 PM
Rogers connection on campus mcmaster12 General Discussion 3 12-01-2010 07:21 AM
Rogers or Bell? anthony Computers & Tech 44 08-03-2010 04:29 PM
Are you a Rogers Customer? kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 8 11-29-2008 03:04 PM

Need A Favor From All Rogers Customers!

Old 02-10-2011 at 01:38 PM   #1
smarties13

Liked: 16 Times

Need A Favor From All Rogers Customers!
Hey guys!

So as we all know Rogers around campus has absolute shit network, I was just done today and called them and went ballistic. they told me i am the ONLY call they have received from campus complaining about this problem, and that it is probably my phone...its not my phone, it works fine in my hometown also its an iphone.... anyways, the number is 1888 ROGERS1 please just press 0 a bunch of times and you'll get connected to a human, and complain about the shittiness of this network, cuz they won't listen to me!
Old 02-10-2011 at 01:42 PM   #2
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarties13 View Post
Hey guys!

So as we all know Rogers around campus has absolute shit network, I was just done today and called them and went ballistic. they told me i am the ONLY call they have received from campus complaining about this problem, and that it is probably my phone...its not my phone, it works fine in my hometown also its an iphone.... anyways, the number is 1888 ROGERS1 please just press 0 a bunch of times and you'll get connected to a human, and complain about the shittiness of this network, cuz they won't listen to me!
I'm with Rogers and the only place I've ever had a problem is in the the basement of TSH. Is your reception bad everywhere on campus?
Old 02-10-2011 at 01:44 PM   #3
smarties13

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
I'm with Rogers and the only place I've ever had a problem is in the the basement of TSH. Is your reception bad everywhere on campus?
yeah, i along with half on macinsiders cant seem to do anything on the network ie: text, call
Old 02-10-2011 at 01:46 PM   #4
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I has iphone, reception is fine. I used to have a problem with having to restart my phone if it ever lots its signal, but that was fixed with updating the software.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 02-10-2011 at 01:53 PM   #5
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
Yeah there have been a few threads on macinsiders about this issue. I myself got all my texts a few hours late yesterday just as I left mac. I haven't bothered complaining to rogers because I don't think its a reception thing (I always have full bars anywhere on campus) so I doubt they will do anything about it :/
Old 02-10-2011 at 02:01 PM   #6
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Its the Mac Bubble:o) I had a problem with this last semester thi semester im not on campus that much so i cant say, but im sure the problem still exists
Old 02-10-2011 at 02:02 PM   #7
smarties13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
Yeah there have been a few threads on macinsiders about this issue. I myself got all my texts a few hours late yesterday just as I left mac. I haven't bothered complaining to rogers because I don't think its a reception thing (I always have full bars anywhere on campus) so I doubt they will do anything about it :/
i always have full bars and the guy said GET MORE PEOPLE TO CALL, please make a phone call it'll take like 10 minutes, isn't it worth getting a ****in text message when your expecting one?!
Old 02-10-2011 at 02:39 PM   #8
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarties13 View Post
i always have full bars and the guy said GET MORE PEOPLE TO CALL, please make a phone call it'll take like 10 minutes, isn't it worth getting a ****in text message when your expecting one?!
What can they do though, even if more people call how will they fix the problem?
Old 02-10-2011 at 02:48 PM   #9
igmelin

Liked: 4 Times

I've honestly never even had a problem with my reception on campus...
Old 02-10-2011 at 03:26 PM   #10
Mfm12

Liked: 2 Times

I am with Fido and have the same problem. I have complained to them numerous times and they tell me there is no problem because I have full reception, and it is another network's problem. I went to a Fido store and the guy said I can switch my contract to Rogers without a cancellation fee, but I would have to buy a new phone... which doesn't help because Fido is owned by Rogers and use the same towers.

This year I am living on campus, so this is an ongoing problem of texts coming in hours late, sometimes not at all and not receiving calls.

smarties13 likes this.
Old 02-10-2011 at 03:43 PM   #11
Phil

Liked: 27 Times

Rogers is the only carrier with towers on campus (hospital roof). I've had 4 bars in the service tunnels in the BSB sub-basement. The problem isn't Rogers, check your handset.
Old 02-10-2011 at 03:46 PM   #12
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

nope ive had problems with rogers as well, mostly during peak hours, on two different handsets. I've also called many times about it and they said that they need more people to call in and complain about it
Old 02-10-2011 at 03:49 PM   #13
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

I'm Fido. (Y)

edit/

+with

Last edited by Desda : 02-10-2011 at 03:51 PM.

ikantsepll likes this.
Old 02-10-2011 at 03:49 PM   #14
sniperwaffle

Liked: 0 Times

wow coincidence

I called them Monday night yelling at them about the EXACT SAME THING.
rogers.
i posted a thread about this before.
she was like to me "the school is probably blocking you guys. we don't hear from mcmaster students really sand it seems like there's full reception everywhere. she tried to get me to upgrade my phone and i was just like...no"
i had a thread earlier about it and other rogers customers said they had called in too but to like...no success.

I HAVE SIGNAL all the time.
but even if i have signal phone calls dont go out, come in. texts don't get received. etc.
if i'm paying for a service they have to do something about it.

you are definitely not the ONLY person to have called them from campus. it just seems that they're ignoring what we're telling them slash I guess they don't really keep a record of all the "mcmaster complaints"

definitely not the headset either, as soon as i leave campus i'm fine.

i'm planning on switching to the fido network as soon as i can (even if it's technically owned by rogers...)
or at least I as until i saw mfm12's comment
and now i'm freaked out.
Old 02-10-2011 at 03:59 PM   #15
Mfm12

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperwaffle View Post
i'm planning on switching to the fido network as soon as i can (even if it's technically owned by rogers...)
or at least I as until i saw mfm12's comment
and now i'm freaked out.
I would definitely not recommend Fido. I am just in first year and have only been in Hamilton for less than a full year, but I have been having this problem for months. When I go somewhere for the weekend it works fine, and you can tell as you are leaving Hamilton and things get faster, or slower as you get closer. It's just here that this happens, it works fine at home or any other city I have been to.