MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
small Favor to anyone who took first year math courses luxhydrus Academics 15 12-17-2010 10:50 PM
Rogers connection on campus mcmaster12 General Discussion 3 12-01-2010 07:21 AM
Rogers or Bell? anthony Computers & Tech 44 08-03-2010 04:29 PM
Are you a Rogers Customer? kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 8 11-29-2008 03:04 PM

Need A Favor From All Rogers Customers!

Old 02-10-2011 at 04:00 PM   #16
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Rogers is the bestest. Don't be hatin :(

alh24, igmelin like this.
Old 02-10-2011 at 04:03 PM   #17
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Rogers is the only carrier with towers on campus (hospital roof). I've had 4 bars in the service tunnels in the BSB sub-basement. The problem isn't Rogers, check your handset.
Sorry but that's retarded of you to say. Can't be the handset because hardware problems don't just fix themselves when you leave a certain area. And if you read the other comments in this thread, you would know it's not a handset issue.

Also, Rogers is obviously not going to admit they have a problem since they don't want to fix it. And we're all gonna get the same response from them, but I'll give them a call when I leave Mac tonight.

smarties13 says thanks to ikantsepll for this post.
Old 02-10-2011 at 04:08 PM   #18
nila*

Liked: 52 Times

I've been with rogers for 3 years, two of them were while I was in res and I've never had a problem
Old 02-10-2011 at 04:13 PM   #19
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nila* View Post
I've been with rogers for 3 years, two of them were while I was in res and I've never had a problem
That's great to hear!

/sarcasm

(sorry if I'm taking my rogers hate out on you, just got 6 texts (from past few hours) when I walked into MDCL, making me look like a jerk for not responding to them )

smarties13 likes this.
Old 02-10-2011 at 04:15 PM   #20
sniperwaffle

Liked: 0 Times

lol it seems like a
"half the people have problems"
"half don't"

or different percentages. i dunno.

EDIT: and it sucks being in the problematic half.
Old 02-10-2011 at 04:20 PM   #21
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

thisproblem persists only from the range of 11am-6pm latest. im with fido , have same problem. i know friends with rogers with same issue getting waves of texts, call drops, and disconnected calls. illd eal with this next week
Old 02-10-2011 at 04:21 PM   #22
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
... illd eal with this next week
Oh, well its good to know you'll deal with this problem. Thanks.

alh24 likes this.
Old 02-10-2011 at 04:23 PM   #23
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

I find its mainly with 3G, just due to the sheer amount of smartphones using the Rogers network on campus. When I switch to 2G it works fine.
Old 02-10-2011 at 04:28 PM   #24
Phil

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
Sorry but that's retarded of you to say. Can't be the handset because hardware problems don't just fix themselves when you leave a certain area. And if you read the other comments in this thread, you would know it's not a handset issue.

Also, Rogers is obviously not going to admit they have a problem since they don't want to fix it. And we're all gonna get the same response from them, but I'll give them a call when I leave Mac tonight.
Appreciate your dialect.

I'm just stating facts that Rogers has the closest towers to campus and best coverage at Mac.

alh24 likes this.
Old 02-10-2011 at 06:07 PM   #25
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

If the problem wasn't Rogers, why are tons and tons of us having problems?

I texted my friend, he's on Wind - got my text immediately. He responds back, he's ****ing SITTING NEXT TO ME for 45 mins, and then I get his text. Does that seem normal to you?

doug, smarties13 like this.
Old 02-10-2011 at 06:59 PM   #26
Mfm12

Liked: 2 Times

I find with mine sometimes, if I sent a message to myself, I get it right away, but then later I get a flood of texts that should have come in before the one to myself, but didn't. They just go into the inbox before the other one.

This makes calling and complaining more difficult because to them this means the phone is both sending texts and receiving texts fine, so they are able to blame all of the other networks.
Old 02-10-2011 at 07:06 PM   #27
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
If the problem wasn't Rogers, why are tons and tons of us having problems?

I texted my friend, he's on Wind - got my text immediately. He responds back, he's ****ing SITTING NEXT TO ME for 45 mins, and then I get his text. Does that seem normal to you?
The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind, the answer was blowing in the wind...
its obviously the tower.. blame social networking for smartphones and 10 bazillion students using it on a daily basis
Old 02-10-2011 at 08:02 PM   #28
Phil

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfm12 View Post
I find with mine sometimes, if I sent a message to myself, I get it right away, but then later I get a flood of texts that should have come in before the one to myself, but didn't. They just go into the inbox before the other one.

This makes calling and complaining more difficult because to them this means the phone is both sending texts and receiving texts fine, so they are able to blame all of the other networks.
My buddy used to have to call his voice mail before receiving texts. Most unusual.
Old 02-10-2011 at 08:06 PM   #29
smarties13

Liked: 16 Times

ya know what i wanna do?! call them up and scream at them for being ****IN LIARS!!! cuz apparently i am not the only one that has had issues, and this *** straight up said "ma'am you are the first one to call us from mcmaster"

oh and i have to start up fruit ninja before my texts go through...now thats ****ed up

Last edited by goodnews.inc : 02-10-2011 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Hateful; homosexual slurs
Old 02-10-2011 at 08:24 PM   #30
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarties13 View Post
Hey guys!

So as we all know Rogers around campus has absolute shit network, I was just done today and called them and went ballistic. they told me i am the ONLY call they have received from campus complaining about this problem, and that it is probably my phone...its not my phone, it works fine in my hometown also its an iphone.... anyways, the number is 1888 ROGERS1 please just press 0 a bunch of times and you'll get connected to a human, and complain about the shittiness of this network, cuz they won't listen to me!
You could also look up the threads on MacInsiders about Rogers quality on campus and email Rogers the link? I dont know if they will actually read it though