MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
small Favor to anyone who took first year math courses luxhydrus Academics 15 12-17-2010 10:50 PM
Rogers connection on campus mcmaster12 General Discussion 3 12-01-2010 07:21 AM
Rogers or Bell? anthony Computers & Tech 44 08-03-2010 04:29 PM
Are you a Rogers Customer? kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 8 11-29-2008 03:04 PM

Need A Favor From All Rogers Customers!

Old 02-10-2011 at 08:43 PM   #31
Mfm12

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
My buddy used to have to call his voice mail before receiving texts. Most unusual.
I used to do that too, to connect to the network a bit better and make things come in a bit faster. I can't do it here though since I still have a home phone number and calling from Hamilton is long distance
Old 02-10-2011 at 09:00 PM   #32
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Bunch of immature tards in here approaching Rogers the wrong way, it's funny.

YEAH GUYS, SHOUTING AT SOMEONE WHO IS PROVIDING A SERVICE TO YOU AND A BAFILLIONFAJILLION OTHER PEOPLE LIKE YOU DESERVE PERSONALIZED TREATMENT IS GOING TO WORK! LOSING YOUR MONTHLY FEE WILL BANKRUPT THEM!

Old 02-10-2011 at 09:11 PM   #33
Nort

Liked: 18 Times

I only have problems with my phone reception when I'm in class. Its like Rogers wants me to pay attention to the lecture. Thanks Rogers.
Old 02-10-2011 at 09:21 PM   #34
BenTran

Liked: 3 Times

Called them and they said the university has "signal jammers". I told them that my friend has a different carrier and they are able to make calls and get texts. The guy i spoke to said that if you are experiencing the same issue, use another phone to call rogers and report it so that they can troubleshoot it and if they can't, they will proceed with an investigation.

smarties13 says thanks to BenTran for this post.
Old 02-10-2011 at 10:16 PM   #35
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
That's great to hear!

/sarcasm

(sorry if I'm taking my rogers hate out on you, just got 6 texts (from past few hours) when I walked into MDCL, making me look like a jerk for not responding to them )
Including mine </3
Old 02-10-2011 at 10:19 PM   #36
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
That's great to hear!

/sarcasm

(sorry if I'm taking my rogers hate out on you, just got 6 texts (from past few hours) when I walked into MDCL, making me look like a jerk for not responding to them )
No service in ITB, even worse.
Old 02-10-2011 at 11:02 PM   #37
smarties13

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
Bunch of immature tards in here approaching Rogers the wrong way, it's funny.

YEAH GUYS, SHOUTING AT SOMEONE WHO IS PROVIDING A SERVICE TO YOU AND A BAFILLIONFAJILLION OTHER PEOPLE LIKE YOU DESERVE PERSONALIZED TREATMENT IS GOING TO WORK! LOSING YOUR MONTHLY FEE WILL BANKRUPT THEM!
well then why do they give you random free shit for complaining?!?!
Old 02-10-2011 at 11:05 PM   #38
smarties13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenTran View Post
Called them and they said the university has "signal jammers". I told them that my friend has a different carrier and they are able to make calls and get texts. The guy i spoke to said that if you are experiencing the same issue, use another phone to call rogers and report it so that they can troubleshoot it and if they can't, they will proceed with an investigation.

what are signal jammers by the way?
Old 02-11-2011 at 02:02 PM   #39
sniperwaffle

Liked: 0 Times

lol
signal jammers as in,
they're saying the university is using some technology thingy (lmao device? dunno) to stop signal from coming in to our phones

the lady on my phone told me the exact same thing,
and that it's probably the school's doing, after which i said that didn't make sense, because signal bars show up fine.
wouldn't signal jammers make your phone show like no service?

it's just that we don't receive anything, even with eighty trillion bars.

she was like "call the school and ask them."
yeah okay

i might end up doing that. get them to talk to rogers :|
Old 02-11-2011 at 03:27 PM   #40
smarties13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperwaffle View Post
lol
signal jammers as in,
they're saying the university is using some technology thingy (lmao device? dunno) to stop signal from coming in to our phones

the lady on my phone told me the exact same thing,
and that it's probably the school's doing, after which i said that didn't make sense, because signal bars show up fine.
wouldn't signal jammers make your phone show like no service?

it's just that we don't receive anything, even with eighty trillion bars.

she was like "call the school and ask them."
yeah okay

i might end up doing that. get them to talk to rogers :|
thats not gonna do anything, i talked to a man at rogers today and told him how i was lied to yesterday about me being the only one that complained, because the ******* i talked to yesterday didn't even forward anything on to the network people. call rogers again and say you wanna put in a complaint for the network issues AND get a reference number, i did that...
Old 02-11-2011 at 06:44 PM   #41
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenTran View Post

good thing signal jammers are illegal to own in Canada

ikantsepll says thanks to GCSM for this post.
Old 02-11-2011 at 06:50 PM   #42
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPat View Post
good thing signal jammers are illegal to own in Canada
Quick wiki search confirms this...wtf rogers...

Old 02-11-2011 at 09:00 PM   #43
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Hmm... shitty service in a local from a massive corporation, or some elaborate illegal signal jamming for some unknown reason by the school which targets only Rogers customers?

The school is obviously jamming your phonez mannn.
Old 02-11-2011 at 09:57 PM   #44
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

on a similar note to fido

i called em and they suggested this solution. find a buddy with the same network as you. if problem doesnt persist, then its ur phone. if it does, it is ur sim card or tower issue.

idk about u , i only had this for about 1-1.5 months issue (was PERFECT before)and it only seems to occur from 11am-5pm
Old 02-11-2011 at 10:40 PM   #45
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
Including mine </3
wow I didn't recognize it was you when I first read that comment because you changed your display pics!

But yeah, now Rogers is making Desda hate me! Not cool Rogers, not cool...

Desda likes this.