MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cooking, with pictures. AKA my blog Katia General Discussion 18 10-13-2010 11:13 PM
New blog post from MSU President mkozi MacInsiders Announcements 0 07-05-2010 08:42 AM
EWB: Overseas JF blog! mlangille MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-20-2010 11:58 PM
Art History 1AA3 blog savannah123 Academics 4 02-04-2010 12:26 PM
Useful blog for new students. Bobble General Discussion 3 04-27-2008 03:27 PM

New blog - MSU watch!

Old 11-29-2009 at 11:34 PM   #1
msupundit

Liked: 1 Time

New blog - MSU watch!
Hey guys!

I hope I'm not being too obnoxious by promoting my blog here, but I feel as if it fits into MacInsiders' subject matter.

After that article in the Sil last week I decided that I need to get more involved with what goes on with the MSU because it appears that there is no way for me to opt out and save the $300 or whatever steal from me to bail out Quarters with.

I'm not quite ready to graduate or run for any positions (mainly because I fear become one of those SRA knuckle draggers who spouts more rhetoric than they do progress) but I do want to become a journalist and am going to start a blog.

http://msuwatch.blogspot.com /2009/11/first-post.html

Give me comments and interaction etc! I would love to turn the blog into something useful for everyone.

Gandhi89 says thanks to msupundit for this post.

Gandhi89 likes this.
Old 11-30-2009 at 12:11 AM   #2
Phoenix

Liked: 52 Times

Hey!

Here is something that might intersest you. If you don't know what the SRA is doing here is the blog site

http://php.orbiscommunicatio ns.com/srablog/

You had to click about 3 times off the msu page to get it, which I think is reasonable. Consider doing a little research before you spit of claims of unaccountability. If not the SRA has office hours, and they are more than happy to talk about anything that concerns you, there office is 2 doors down from the MSU office.

finklej, jmbauman, Taunton all say thanks to Phoenix for this post.
Old 11-30-2009 at 10:10 AM   #3
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

People can write about whatever they want, regardless of how uninformed it is (ie. the Sil)

Good luck with your blog.

Last edited by Taunton : 11-30-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-30-2009 at 01:01 PM   #4
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

The SRA blog has never been very informative because of the infrequent updates (and the lack of content contained in those updates).

However just glancing at the recent posts, it might be improving. The post describing the proposed constitutional changes was very informative, and there were three posts this month (as opposed to the 0-1 we usually see). I really hope it does get better, because it could be such a valuable resource for seeing what is going on with the SRA.
Old 11-30-2009 at 01:08 PM   #5
Gandhi89
SRA Commerce

Liked: 6 Times

Good Initiative!
Im glad youre taking a step in the direction of progress but I think you should work with SRA members. They can give you insight into a lot of issues.

I would be glad to help you out, Let me know if you want help - I agree the SRA blog is kind of not up to date and criticisms are welcome=-heck they are required.

Contact me at [email protected] or [email protected]

There is a lot we can do to engage students and we really appreciate people like you taking things into their hands...What my concern is is accurate information.

Let me know,

Siddhesh Gandhi

SRA Commerce 09/10
Old 11-30-2009 at 01:32 PM   #6
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

hah whatever happened to this one: http://mactruthseeker.blogsp ot.com/ lol
Old 11-30-2009 at 02:31 PM   #7
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times

That mactruthseeker one was some bullshit ploy done by some opposing campaign team to slander Vishal as much as possible.
Old 11-30-2009 at 03:19 PM   #8
msupundit

Liked: 1 Time

Hey guys,

I apologize for not responding to you here but I think I covered some of what I would have said in my latest post. Check the blog again: http://msuwatch.blogspot.com /
Old 11-30-2009 at 04:13 PM   #9
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

As long as you don't start with the Twitter bullshit, I support you!

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-30-2009 at 04:48 PM   #10
Phoenix

wow someone knows who i've lived with....not creepy, why not just PM me who you are, because you seem to know me very well
Old 11-30-2009 at 05:04 PM   #11
Phoenix

To be honest, I feel a little violated that you know who I have and haven't lived with. I don't care that you know I'm a "prominent" member of the Maroons, thats in my signature, so thats info that everyone can see.

Just because I am a member of the Maroons doesn't mean I have no issues with the MSU. I have my beef with it, things I see that NEED to get worked on and fixed in order to serve students. Even though I've lived with 2 SRA members, doesn't mean that I'm biased, I still talk to them, and they know it. I talk to them about issues regarding students, and they are 2 members of the SRA that are constantly giving updates to their faculties.
Old 11-30-2009 at 05:52 PM   #12
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
People can write about whatever they want, regardless of how uninformed it is (ie. the Sil)

Good luck with your blog.
how much of each student's payment is used to bail out Quarters?
Old 11-30-2009 at 06:08 PM   #13
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

and OP As soon as you realize how inconsequential/boring the MSU/SRA is the better. Just have a few laughs. Run for prez as a joke. Laugh at how serious some of them take it and wathc some of the goofier ppl involved.

Obviously Vishal is never going to do anything amazing no matter how many blogs you write and SRA is never going to be anything other than nothing.
Old 11-30-2009 at 06:50 PM   #14
finklej
Vice President Education

Liked: 42 Times

Here is an idea!
If you have a problem with the MSU/SRA or any comments/questions contact one of your reps, all of their emails are on the MSU website.

Taunton likes this.
Old 11-30-2009 at 06:52 PM   #15
stevennevets

Liked: 36 Times

or show up to a meeting.

I was there last night, it was so much fun! easy thing to do is show up, talk to your rep and then stay and make sure they follow through. and really, who has better plans on a sunday night?

Taunton says thanks to stevennevets for this post.

Taunton likes this.