MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who wants a new e-mail system? MD-L Computers & Tech 44 02-26-2010 07:29 AM
Mac places sixth in university rankings Email Story Email story PrintPrint Text Size Iamanonymous General Discussion 1 11-06-2009 09:42 AM

New Email System Update

Old 10-07-2010 at 09:59 PM   #16
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

We all know that the school's just going to go with the cheaper alternative, meaning our opinions mean nothing. Just pray the better one is cheaper.

Old 10-14-2010 at 07:16 PM   #17
MD-L
2011-2012 MSU President

Liked: 187 Times

Hey everyone so new update!

The prices between both Microsoft and Google are actually quite close and now that the quotes have been received, we are ready to hold the survey from October 25th-29th.

Basically you will type in the URL which will take you to the MSU website where there will be an overview of both companies and a clickable button which will direct you to macvote. The vote will run continuously from 8am on the 25th, until the survey closes on Friday the 29th.

The results from this vote will dictate what email system we get. The timeline to get the new system is January and both companies were told of this before they developed their quote.

Huzaifa Saeed and I will be providing more information/links next week but I just wanted to let you know that you will be choosing your new email system.
Old 10-14-2010 at 08:23 PM   #18
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

I really hope its google.
Old 10-14-2010 at 09:07 PM   #19
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Wait...so this replaces our MUGSI email? Am I dreaming?
Old 10-14-2010 at 09:44 PM   #20
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
Wait...so this replaces our MUGSI email? Am I dreaming?
ya now we need google to take care of solar/mugsi and we'd be good

Gmail really did invent the system of deleting emails is pointless. i have never deleted an email and dammit I never will.
Old 10-14-2010 at 09:49 PM   #21
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

If this happens, I would love integration with my Google services. My life is on Google. Gmail, Calendar...hell if they give us Docs accounts that's be awesome. Imagine submitting our assignments via Google Docs! Or being notified of changes to assignment due-dates that automatically are applied to our Google Calendar. That'd be pretty sweet.