MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new student form photo ashlaaayyyyy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 07-07-2012 01:51 PM
Do I glue photo on new student form or attach it on? Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-03-2012 06:01 PM
The photo for the new student form winter02 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 07-14-2011 10:42 AM

New Student Form Photo

Old 07-02-2014 at 10:55 PM   #1
AnishaK

Liked: 0 Times

New Student Form PHOTO
hi! does the photo in the new student form have to be an official Canadian passport size? or does it only have to fit the box thats there?

any help would be much appreciated! thank you
Old 07-02-2014 at 11:43 PM   #2
kevin2016

Liked: 0 Times

Hi there. I believe it does have to be the official passport size. However, don't quote me, I'm not 100 percent sure. Maybe ask the Office of the Registrar or look on their website.

AnishaK says thanks to kevin2016 for this post.
Old 07-03-2014 at 01:24 AM   #3
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Yea passport size
Old 07-03-2014 at 06:05 AM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Note that it does not need to be an official passport PHOTO, just the passport photo SIZE. So just take whatever you have and re-size it so it matches whatever the dimensions are.
Old 07-03-2014 at 03:48 PM   #5
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Liked: 164 Times

That box on the paper is exactly the same size as the box on your student id (around your picture), so whatever you put in that box is what you'll end up with on your card.
Old 07-03-2014 at 05:16 PM   #6
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

As other members mentioned, it doesn't have to be an actual passport photo, but it does need to be that size so it fits your student card properly.

You can get Passport photos done professionally with a white background at Costco or Walmart for cheap. You can also go to the university to get the photo taken. Details on the link below...

Since it's going on your student card, you'll want to make it a nice photo since you have to carry that photo with you all the time and show it when you're on the HSR bus. And nothing's worse than having to look at a horrible photo every time you pull out your student card! haha

Read this article, I explain all about the photo and tips on getting it done:
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...orm-18472.html
Old 07-03-2014 at 05:42 PM   #7
sniper96

Liked: 1 Time

New Student Form Photo
I printed a picture off at shoppers and cut out my face and top of my shoulders but the cut wasnt perfectly straight because my scissors were a little bent. Will they not accept it if its not a perfectly straight cut out but it fits all requirements?
Old 07-03-2014 at 06:53 PM   #8
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 126 Times

It's fine. Don't sweat it.

sniper96 says thanks to ashleighp for this post.
Old 07-03-2014 at 07:09 PM   #9
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

Nah, as long as it fits the requirements, I'm pretty sure it's fine.

sniper96 says thanks to akikokoyoki for this post.