SOCS Laser Tag Trip! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-08-2009 11:33 PM
McMaster Ski Trip lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-22-2008 07:42 AM

New York trip

Old 06-21-2011 at 02:41 PM   #16
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 68 Times

Watch out for them mice...

Seriously, they have a larger mice population in new york compared to people living there.
Old 06-21-2011 at 06:06 PM   #17
julianface
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

CONEY MOTHER****ING ISLAND!!!
its not just a beach it is THE beach in NYC

harlem is not sketchy its just black so people who grew up in bubbles think its sketchy, its actually pretty cool.

bed-stuy is cool if you've ever seen everybody hates chris.

Greenwich village for some non-touristy new york feel

walking along brooklyn heights is really cool and no tourists go there it is just on the other side of the brooklyn bridge and you can walk along the edge of the neighbor hood along a boardwalk type thing will amazing views of manhattan and the statue of liberty

prospect park in brooklyn is really nice and feels more authentic than central park. I just mean that its not man made just plopped in the centre of a busy area and its not touristy. \

p.s I just mentioned my favorite parts of NYC that not everyone thinks of.
p.p.s Times Square is maybe the most overrated site in history, packed shoulder to shoulder with tourists with bright lights and billboard ads and overpriced souvenirs. I guess Im just not into that so you might still like it
Old 06-21-2011 at 07:13 PM   #18
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

@julian...yea i hate the tourist packed places, thats why im not too stoked to go to NY and visit all the things that my family has planned cus its well all touristy, but i also have all these side things planned which dont attract many tourists especially the broklyn boardwalk u mentioned my firend told me abloe that too and it sounds fun thanks for the info
Old 06-21-2011 at 07:35 PM   #19
julianface
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
@julian...yea i hate the tourist packed places, thats why im not too stoked to go to NY and visit all the things that my family has planned cus its well all touristy, but i also have all these side things planned which dont attract many tourists especially the broklyn boardwalk u mentioned my firend told me abloe that too and it sounds fun thanks for the info
no worries have a good trip new york is just a good city to explore
Old 06-21-2011 at 09:34 PM   #20
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

One place to definitely go eat is Katz's Deli (pastrami sandwich = heaven)

Anyways you can check out my blog post from last year of my trip to new york of places I visited while there. /shameless self plug

edit: +1 on the mention of getting the Metro Pass for the week or however long your staying. NYC subway is an experience in itself lol.

Last edited by AnguishedEnd : 06-21-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-21-2011 at 10:45 PM   #21
julianface
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnguishedEnd View Post
edit: +1 on the mention of getting the Metro Pass for the week or however long your staying. NYC subway is an experience in itself lol.
ya the subway to coney island is really cool and mostly above ground
Old 06-22-2011 at 08:13 AM   #22
katrinabell

Liked: 19 Times

I would definitely advise a walking food tour. They usually last about 3 hours and you can take them in a bunch of different, cool areas like the meatpacking district, Greenwich etc. and they cost about $30-40 a person but a very fun experience!
Old 06-23-2011 at 07:22 PM   #23
Chevalier
Elite Member

hey just wondering what kind of shops are on SoHo?... are they general clothes things or high end or what shops are there in particular?
Old 06-23-2011 at 07:36 PM   #24
JesterRace

Liked: 5 Times

Don't bother with the Statue of Liberty, you can no longer go up it and it takes a huge chunk of the day to get on the ferry and go out...it may be good to get shots of the NY skyline, but other then that, I heard its a huge disappointment.

Go into all the little neighbourhoods (Hell's Kitchen, Greenwich Village) and, while its killer on the legs, the walk from Central Park down to Wall Street let's you see a bunch of great things in New York (Columbia University, Washington Park, etc.)
Old 06-23-2011 at 07:38 PM   #25
JesterRace

Liked: 5 Times

However, looking at other people's responses, I may have been mistaken about the Statue of Liberty...carry on...

(sorry for double post)
Old 06-24-2011 at 04:54 PM   #26
Chevalier
Elite Member

haha its k yea i think u can still go up they take like 15-20 ppl up per hour so u have to get tickets in advance or something like that...

btew that soho question is still up for grabs what kind of shops are in that district?