MacInsiders Logo
Old 09-21-2013 at 08:47 PM   #1
hwangbm

Liked: 0 Times

Nooooooooooooo
SHOOOT! I JUST figured out I need 30 units from my undergrad year to go into the combined honours I want to accomplish. I have 24 at the moment. Mac's site says "The last day to add term 1 and 3 courses is September 13, 2013". Does this mean I f***** up my LIFE? D': :( :(

Has anyone else that has experienced through this received some sort of exception from an academic advisor?
Old 09-21-2013 at 09:00 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Well, you definitely can't add term 1 or 3 courses, and there won't be any exceptions for that this late in the term, but you can add term 2 courses and take summer school.

Talk to an advisor though because I think I've heard of people getting into some programs that specify 30 units without actually having 30.

hwangbm says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 09-21-2013 at 09:01 PM   #3
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 126 Times

It's definitely too late to add courses for first term. You can add another course for second term (they might let you take two more) and another in summer school to make up the credits. You might get screwed for getting into the courses you want for next year, but you might get lucky.

hwangbm says thanks to ashleighp for this post.
Old 09-21-2013 at 09:05 PM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

1. Talk to an advisor asap they may still let u in

hwangbm says thanks to Leeoku for this post.
Old 09-21-2013 at 09:21 PM   #5
hwangbm

thanks for the advice you guys :') .... :( **still cries in the corner
Old 09-21-2013 at 10:56 PM   #6
airvcarmelo

Liked: 42 Times

You can take one extra course next sems and one in summer or take 2 in the summer. You'll be fine .

hwangbm says thanks to airvcarmelo for this post.
Old 09-22-2013 at 02:32 PM   #7
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

Talk to an advisor they might let you in after the date. They let me in once.

hwangbm says thanks to Biochem47 for this post.
Old 09-22-2013 at 09:32 PM   #8
hwangbm

thanks for the help guys! I was freaaking out but now i feel a bit better
Old 09-23-2013 at 10:22 AM   #9
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Summer school is your best bet at this point. And as everyone said... talk to your faculty academic advisor asap. Good luck!

hwangbm says thanks to Chad for this post.