MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Labs v/s Tutorial Aadilb7 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-22-2010 10:43 AM
McMaster Engineering Launches Registration Tutorial Video Series Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 06-05-2009 08:28 AM
When do I select my cores, tutorials, and labs? Look here (other important info too) aviaf First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-07-2008 02:26 AM
What time does registration open? aviaf First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 06-27-2008 02:58 PM

not able to select your tutorial and labs at time of first registration

Old 06-29-2008 at 11:18 PM   #1
aviaf
Richard Cioci

Liked: 50 Times

not able to select your tutorial and labs at time of first registration
so when we first register for the core, we can choose which core, ie C03 but not which tut or lab?

If yes, then why would they do that? Why wouldnt they allow you to continue forming ur sched as u organized it and have it nicely.

Also, once they assign tuts and labs do we get to rearrange them and when?
Old 06-29-2008 at 11:21 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Last year was the first year we were allowed to choose core sections for courses offered multiple times in a term. All previous years you were just slotted into one.

Why do they do this? It's easier to have a machine do everything than have people do everything.

No, you can't choose what tutorial or lab at present. Chad is saying you can choose it after our timetables are released on August 7th.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-29-2008 at 11:31 PM   #3
dchan28

Liked: 1 Time

thanks lorend for all the input

I tried selecting courses tonight, and there was no option for cores either even though there are more than one option per term... just the course and term -- will we be able to change the core sessions after August 7th (when the timetables are released)?
Old 06-29-2008 at 11:33 PM   #4
aviaf
Richard Cioci

ok thx, i was checking to see if i could get on solar, and at exactly 12 i got on but got booted off 1 min later and now the undergrad service is unavailable. but when i was adding, it wouldnt even let me pick core, just the course code. maybe they were still setting it up, i hope when i get on again i can pick my cores
Old 06-29-2008 at 11:50 PM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

I'm not sure about the core question dchan28. When we (all the upper years) got on over the last two weeks we could pick our cores. I don't know why you can't.

Chad has said you will be able to change your tutorials and labs on the 7th. But because I don't know about the core thing that you mentioned...I really have no idea.

I'm afraid none of the staff from McMaster have logged on and given us an official answer as to what we can do and when. So yourselves, just like the rest of us might be playing the waiting game.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-30-2008 at 12:10 AM   #6
aviaf
Richard Cioci

help! french is already full! what the hell? 1A06 and 1K06
Old 06-30-2008 at 12:25 AM   #7
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

I'm starting to think there is a huge glitch with SOLAR at the moment.

Nevertheless, I still suggest you contact the department of French...and ask them what's up.

(but remember to report back to us so you can help others out!)

Old 06-30-2008 at 12:32 AM   #8
aviaf
Richard Cioci

I ams eriously hoping there is a huge glitch because all my 2 days of planning has gone to hell. I am shaking like im on crack because my sched was so perfect and now i dont even have one of my courses. (my sem 1 had me leaving at 11:30 for wed and thur, at 12:30 for fri, and at 4:30 for mon tues. ) I will stay on practically the whole morning if i have to cuz i dont feel likew i can sleep. I even called mac in a bit of a panic but the operator cant do nothing and no one else is there
Old 06-30-2008 at 12:43 AM   #9
aviaf
Richard Cioci

and solar does reset at 3:00 - 3:30 so im gonna try again then
Old 06-30-2008 at 01:08 AM   #10
woodlawngirl

Liked: 0 Times

okay so im on solar now and it wont let me add 4 of my courses because it says "you do not have the academic requisities for course..." ahhh but im going into first year so that doesnt make sense
Old 06-30-2008 at 01:21 AM   #11
aviaf
Richard Cioci

most likely its because of science 1A00, add that at the same time too, its a one time thing about Whmis thats needed for most science courses
Old 06-30-2008 at 01:22 AM   #12
aviaf
Richard Cioci

ok, i think i fixed my problem, i picked econ 1B03 and 1BB3 which out of 2 choices have the same spots as my french did, ill take french in the summer and hopefully the limited econ positions will force the schedule the way i want it seeing as we cant currently choose cores or anything for that matter.
Old 06-30-2008
aviaf
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 06-30-2008 at 01:29 AM   #13
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Help!

I don't have one of the requisites....

I plan on taking 12 U physics in summer so that I could take 1B03 physics during the year without the introduction course...

So what should I do? I planned to have physics in the second semester but I cant seem to save my selection with it... but if it fills up before I sort it out.. tough potatoes?
Old 06-30-2008 at 01:31 AM   #14
aviaf
Richard Cioci

yea, i would call mac tomorrow and see if u could get in on a condition, or atleast see if ur registered in it if it fits as a pre req. I almost finished phys in ilc but i decided to take the 1L03 anyway to fill in anything i missed and get a good mark