MacInsiders Logo
Old 05-17-2010 at 12:20 PM   #1
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Now its just Marlowe.
Howdy!

My name is Andrew Marlowe, and until just recently I posted on here under the name A.Marlowe. I figured dropping the A made it a bit more snappy though. I just finished my second year in the Honours Biology and Psychology program, although at this point I think I'm going to be switching programs. I'm not really sure what I want to do yet, but we'll see how it plays out. I'm pretty involved with SOCS, and am about to do my second year as a rep with them. I also love animals, and have been a vegetarian for almost 10 years now.

I'm obsessed with Lost, and can't wait to see how it finishes. I actually watch way more TV than I should. As a kid I watched very little, but now I follow a ridiculous number of shows. A lot of people have said this is the golden age of TV, and I tend to agree. You can check out my profile for a full list, but I'm especially a fan of Doctor Who, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Arrested Development, 30 Rock, and Firefly. I also love movies, especially modern ones. There are a few exceptions, but in general I think all the best movies have come out since 1999 (which is probably my favorite year in film).

I really like music as well, and I go through cycles of what I listen to. Angry punk music has recently made a resurgence for me, but I'll probably be back listening to mainly acoustic music by the end of the summer. I especially like Bright Eyes (and all the other Conor Oberst projects), The Arcade Fire, and Leonard Cohen.

My political views tend to drift a bit, and are currently in a more anarchist phase. Maybe that has something to do with the punk music thing? In general I just like to argue politics though.

So this is getting kind of wordy, and I need to be cut off. Feel free to contact me with questions about whatever!

PS: Any thoughts on the name change?

EDIT: I also forgot to mention I love Pokemon, and am always down for a battle. Nerdy as heck, but incredibly fun.

Last edited by Marlowe : 05-17-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-30-2010 at 02:52 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Just 'Marlowe' is fine.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-30-2010 at 03:31 PM   #3
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

I will battle you. Ill lose, cause im one of those who always uses the same guy and doesnt let the rest of her team get stronger, but I will still battle you. Diamond or Platinum
Old 06-01-2010 at 05:56 PM   #4
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
I will battle you. Ill lose, cause im one of those who always uses the same guy and doesnt let the rest of her team get stronger, but I will still battle you. Diamond or Platinum
I'll take you up on that once I'm back in Hamilton :p

I have Heart Gold, but its compatible with both of those.
Old 06-05-2010 at 08:45 PM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
I have Heart Gold, but its compatible with both of those.
Easy there, Neil Young.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-08-2010 at 02:37 PM   #6
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
I'll take you up on that once I'm back in Hamilton :p
Sweeeet