MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Course Trading Thread Chad Academics 335 06-09-2011 08:34 AM
StarCraft II Official Players Thread Bobby66 Gaming 122 01-14-2011 03:49 PM
Official 2010 Timetable Checking Thread Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 07-09-2010 09:38 AM
The Official Cool Video Thread Chad Computers & Tech 18 04-05-2007 11:45 PM

Official MapleStory Thread

Old 01-11-2011 at 12:19 AM   #286
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
Zhelm clean unpot
20 int robe hammered unpot
2 int snowshoes clean unpot
3% int earrings clean
smiling mask lol
white belt from mulung dojo >_>
flame keepers cordon clean unpot...i think its 8 int
PuAC clean unpot
ester shield clean unpot
silver deputy star

approximations...

edit/
argh i wish there was a mass collection of perfect guides to follow...

im playing multiple characters and it's so hard to keep track of things...

-priest, sair, db
-dit, sin, pally
Assuming you want to be a pro dmg hoar mage and are willing to fund it, i will list what you need.
First:
-sell your zhelm, and buy a 3lined czak helm scrolled for int - cube it for 15% int or more
-sell your 20 int robe and wear the lvl 80 robe scrolled for int again 3 lined - cube it for 15% int or more
-3% int earings clean, drop that crap. Go buy rex earings, 3lined, scrolled for int. - cube for 18% int or more
-smiling mask -.-, just drop that too. Instead go buy 3 lined spectrum goggles, scroll for int - cube for 10% int+
-white belt...Ew. Go buy either a last/vip/imm pharoah/witches deep belt. Scroll for int/matk. - Cube for 15%int +
-flamekeepers cordon is crap now. Get rid of that too. Instead, go craft some reverse mage gloves, get it 3lined pot, cube it for self sharpeyes. sCroll for matk.
-puac is useless. go get a 3lined giles cape, and scroll it for int. cube it for 15%int +
-esther shields are worthless. go drop it for some noob. instead go buy a last/vip mageician shield. 3lines. scroll for 15matk+ and cube for 15%int+
-silver dep star...go sell that junk. and isntead go buy a 3lined chtp (+44stats to all), and cube for 15%int+
-I noticed you arent wearing shoes...go buy 3lined vss and cube for 15%int +.
-I also noticed no wand. Go buy the 3rd/last/vip magician wands and staffs. Also buy the lvl 163 ele staff. scroll it perfectly,(+45matk) and cube it for 30% boss dmg or 20% int+
-go buy a lvl 17 adventurers ring or if you farmed for one before exams use it. (pro rings btw)
-go buy 4 aura rings from the CS, +1 to all per ring.
-if you want self hb you can get that too...just cube your oiverall for it.
-I suggest cubing all your gear for 15%int MINIMUM. if you get 18%, 21%, 24% etc...even better.

Note that to make this method will put you in the top 10 for strongest mages easy. Note that it'll cost you like 12b. Or cheaper if you cube your self, sell nx etc. w/e

Also,....there are like no good guides to follow. Not yet anyways.
And...quit your DB, they suck. NL's are overrated. Pally/ dit are good. Sairs are a hit or miss.and priest is well... a priest.

If you do all this, you will have an uber pro priest with near perfect matk and over 150% int. Close to 200%. Which is like insanessss.
Yeah....too lazy to edit this post for like spelling and all that other crap. that is all

Desda says thanks to xxsumz for this post.
Old 01-11-2011 at 12:32 AM   #287
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

@Sumit: Care to explain the following? <3

-where to train
-sp distribution
-ap distribution

Last edited by Desda : 01-11-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old 01-16-2011 at 09:39 AM   #288
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:

-where to train
THis ones easy.

1-30 anywhere in vic.
30-50 cpq1
50-60 drakes
60-70 scarecrows
70-90 twisted jesters
90-105 Mp3
105-115 pirates and cru
115-120 dual pirates

Those are the only maps anyone goes to.

Edit: Once your 120 just kill pap every day. Gives like 1.5m exp which at 120 is like HAX
Old 01-16-2011 at 09:44 AM   #289
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Sumit, do the same thing you just did, except for Bowmasters.

I have 185mil on me, 9 apples, a 15 atc scg unhammered, HT pendant I don't use, 6atk 4%luk PAC (gonna sell it, I don't need luk)

and that's all I remember.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 01-16-2011 at 09:51 AM   #290
Parminder S
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 18 Times

Should I come back to playing this after 8 months? Or am I lucky to have gotten away.
Old 01-17-2011 at 09:57 AM   #291
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post

I have 185mil on me, 9 apples, a 15 atc scg unhammered, HT pendant I don't use, 6atk 4%luk PAC (gonna sell it, I don't need luk)

What level is your BM. And what are your stats (str dex etc)? Also if its over 120, what skills did you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parminder S View Post
Should I come back to playing this after 8 months? Or am I lucky to have gotten away.
Hm Parm. If you come back ditch MagicalTwist btw...I left. Plus..Jan hasnt logged since he reached 200. ANd Moe is still a nib 17x drk. JUST SAYING. Ugh...play on Wed/thrusday after the mech patch

btw the programming lab is easy
Old 01-17-2011 at 01:01 PM   #292
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
What level is your BM. And what are your stats (str dex etc)? Also if its over 120, what skills did you get.

Hm Parm. If you come back ditch MagicalTwist btw...I left. Plus..Jan hasnt logged since he reached 200. ANd Moe is still a nib 17x drk. JUST SAYING. Ugh...play on Wed/thrusday after the mech patch

btw the programming lab is easy
103 STR
735 DEX

30 SE
13 Hurricane
17 Bow Expert

Yea, shit sucks. I didn't log on in time to get a full sp reset. >______>

Equips:
Clean Zak Helm, with 2%dex, +3dex
Clean earrings, all stats 2%, +4dex
122 atk metus, all stats +5, atk +5,
15atk scg unhammered, 2%dex,
6atk pac, 4%luk, 1 star
19 str 4 slots overall, +12dex
MoN

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 01-17-2011 at 09:10 PM   #293
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

103 STR
735 DEX

30 SE
13 Hurricane
17 Bow Expert

Yea, shit sucks. I didn't log on in time to get a full sp reset. >______>

Equips:
Clean Zak Helm, with 2%dex, +3dex
Clean earrings, all stats 2%, +4dex
122 atk metus, all stats +5, atk +5,
15atk scg unhammered, 2%dex,
6atk pac, 4%luk, 1 star
19 str 4 slots overall, +12dex
MoN
Ight. So I guess first off training places.

Training places--

You should Pap twice a day every day, for the rest of your life. Sexy exp Make sure you use your 1.2x buff if you got that too. Soul collector is decent, 100k exp and only takes 5mins, plus you get 1 fame.

Since your 139, you should train at ToT (temple of time) at Memory lane 1. Make sure you do the associated kill 999 quests because you need to complete that to move on to the next map and they give awesome exp. You pretty much stay at ToT slowly moving forward till 170.

Hm your 139 which means your strong enough to go zak efficiently. Id say go zak with 2-3 lvl 14x+ people party of 3-4 is decent. You'll get good exp (make sure to 1.2x exp at arms to maximise exp. also have a priest/bishop for hs). Do that twice a day if you can get in. Also, you can loot and sell the helms which is $$$.

You should also be going on CWK (crimson wood keep pq) runs as well. Once you learn to do the stages/sigils its easy. The bosses give decent exp as well. But the main reason to go is for the bonus. You get good items from there and can make lots of mesos. You can go twice a day as well. You can also get gelt chocolates which are better than apples...just saying.

Those are pretty much your best options for getting exp. You could always go to places in nath or in leafre if your not liking ToT. Or if your looking for certain drops.

Skills--

Okay so... looking at your skills, all seems good to me so far. I suggest you max bow expert right away tho. As it gives +1watk a level. After you max bow expert its up to if you want to go max hurricane for the extra 2%dmg a lvl ORR get +5% to all stats with maple warrior lvl 9. Its up to you at that point. If you want the xtra dex or if you mite need extra str to wear equips etc. Although...now a days, str is useless for a bm. I'll write that in the stats section lolololololol. Um anywyas back to the skills...heres my reccomended build(note that I know your 139 but its easier for me to start from 120). Also the numbers I show are how much sp you should put into that skill.

120-130 --> [30] bow expert
130-140 --> [21] SE // [9]MW
140-150 --> [9] SE // [21] hurricane
150-160 --> [9] hurricane // [21] concentrate
160-170 --> [9] concentrate // [21] phoenix

after this doesnt matter what you put SP into.
HOWEVER! you guys get a skill that gives +10% hp i believe in your 4th job. master levle of 10. thats actually really good. So I suggest getting that at some point before 150.

Gear--

Um..idk if you want to be like Amanda and have like super pro gear or if you want like avrg gear. So....just like tell me and i'll update this when i get time.

Hm....I suggest selling your apples, the pac and maybe the htp. That too depends on how much your gonna fund your bm.

That all being said, your earings are crap, overall is crap but I assume you scrolled for str since your base str must be low and you needed it to meet str requirements for your bow. AM I RITE? Your SCG is decent so id keep that. Sell your zhlem and go buy a czak helm. Once again, cant really say much more without knowing the type of funding you'll provide and what time of char you want...pro...avrg...n ib etc..

Stats--

Hm...nowadays STR is completely useless for a BM. That is ofcourse, you are using a vip or last bow. Those require no str. ALso, gear for BM doesnt require any str unless you get the reverse crap. If your really serious, id suggest ap resseting all your str into dex. otherwise just leave it as is. I realize now that...ima have to come back and edit this section before i write any more depending on what type of gear you plan to get.

Fk me this post is long

lawleypop says thanks to xxsumz for this post.
Old 01-17-2011 at 09:13 PM   #294
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:

-where to train
-sp distribution
-ap distribution
For AP, only increase int. Just have enough luk for the 80 gear. That gear is decent. Or if your followin my uber pro advice from before to make a uber pro mage...then you will never increase luk. so 4/4/9999/4...

FOr your SP....depends. DId you get an SP reset scroll? If not...i'll need to know ur current skill build
Old 01-18-2011 at 04:41 PM   #295
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

I can't help but feel an overpowering sense of pride.

And failure and epic lameness...
Old 01-18-2011 at 10:43 PM   #296
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:

I can't help but feel an overpowering sense of pride.

And failure and epic lameness...
Had a feeling youd see it and say someing about it
Old 01-18-2011 at 10:48 PM   #297
kevinlater

Liked: 10 Times

decided to come back to this game for a bit because of the whole big bang thing... it's way too easy now.

... but more fun
Old 01-18-2011 at 10:58 PM   #298
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlater View Post
decided to come back to this game for a bit because of the whole big bang thing... it's way too easy now.

... but more fun
Server? 12chars
Old 01-18-2011 at 11:01 PM   #299
kevinlater

Liked: 10 Times

bera. btw are you dilan's brother?
Old 01-18-2011 at 11:10 PM   #300
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlater View Post