MacInsiders Logo

Official Reinstatement 2014

Old 07-04-2014 at 12:14 PM   #1
aw07

Liked: 24 Times

Official Reinstatement 2014
I know there are a few threads on here already about reinstatements for 2014, but none I feel that are of any support to the entire group. I was thinking if someone would be willing to share their reinstatement experiences, current standings etc. as support. I am applying to be reinstated into Life Sciences and very nervous!
Old 07-18-2014 at 11:19 PM   #2
engzheng

Liked: 2 Times

Hi!

I was in EngPhys II before getting kicked out. I'm applying into Materials Eng instead. My package was submitted on June 30, right on the deadline. There's been no reply with a final decision yet, but I did contact the registrar's office and Eng associate dean's office on July 4 to confirm that they received my application; they told me that the applications were not yet sent to the faculties at that time.

I had just been kicked out this April so I didn't really take a year off to attend college etc.

I did do all I could think of in May and June to show that I'm capable of succeeding if reinstated, though. All of my work during those two months were summarized in a report as an additional document. I was also able to get a reference letter from my boss after volunteering at his startup as a CAD operator and lab technician for nearly two months.

Please let me know if you've received a decision or just response!
Good luck!
Old 07-21-2014 at 03:49 PM   #3
aw07

Thanks for your reply!
I also submitted my application right on the deadline, absent minded me never thought that I could send it in earlier. I am also still waiting for a reply. I am reapplying into Life Sci I and have taken the year off. Hoping for the best, good luck to you as well, and keep me posted when you do hear a response!
Old 07-21-2014 at 05:18 PM   #4
engzheng

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw07 View Post
Thanks for your reply!
I also submitted my application right on the deadline, absent minded me never thought that I could send it in earlier. I am also still waiting for a reply. I am reapplying into Life Sci I and have taken the year off. Hoping for the best, good luck to you as well, and keep me posted when you do hear a response!
I just called the Eng associate dean's office this morning. They told me that my letter had already been sent out last Thursday, but wouldn't just tell me their decision over the phone :(

So try to call the Life Sci advisers' office (I don't really know what the equivalent is for life sci) and you might get lucky to find out ahead of receiving the letter.

I noticed in threads from the last couple years that people were able to check their status on mugsi before getting their letters; I haven't seen any changes on mine, tho. Please let me know if yours showed any indications
Old 07-21-2014 at 05:38 PM   #5
aw07

I did notice that they did an audit dated for today. I have no clue if that means I am in or not... The suspense is killing me!
Old 07-21-2014 at 08:55 PM   #6
engzheng

Lol I didn't even notice that until you mentioned. I think mine was unavailable for a while and the guys from previous years didn't mention anything about degree audit so I haven't checked it for a while. Hopefully it means something positive

aw07 likes this.
Old 07-22-2014 at 12:09 AM   #7
aw07

I just realized the degree audit has nothing to do with Reinstatement, the date actually always changes to the date you click on degree audit! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by engzheng View Post
Lol I didn't even notice that until you mentioned. I think mine was unavailable for a while and the guys from previous years didn't mention anything about degree audit so I haven't checked it for a while. Hopefully it means something positive
Old 07-22-2014 at 03:34 PM   #8
aw07

Okay so I got in!

I got an email with the letter, and it also says reinstated in course summary in Mugsi

I hope you get in too!
Old 07-22-2014 at 05:39 PM   #9
engzheng

Congratulations!

I didn't get in, tho :(
but that's fine, I already have a spot at Mohawk; I guess I'll just work my butt off and apply again next year.

It's been nice to discuss with you! Good luck!

aw07 likes this.
Old 07-22-2014 at 08:37 PM   #10
aw07

All the best! Work your but off, I am sure you will get in! Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by engzheng View Post
Congratulations!

I didn't get in, tho :(
but that's fine, I already have a spot at Mohawk; I guess I'll just work my butt off and apply again next year.

It's been nice to discuss with you! Good luck!