MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need input from Apple users reeves Computers & Tech 30 10-12-2010 01:42 PM
Apple Laptops and Mac Connect suhaybh General Discussion 7 09-16-2010 10:15 AM
Libraries are Going Apple temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 7 08-20-2008 11:32 PM
Your library goes Apple! KristaG General Discussion 11 08-20-2008 01:42 PM

Old Apple

Old 05-08-2009 at 09:18 AM   #1
tsangdw

Liked: 0 Times

Old Apple
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I may be able to get my hands on an old generation Apple Macbook Pro. The one before the new uni-body aluminum designs. I know that there are tons secondhand off e-bay and craigslist, etc. but I would like to buy one NIB preferably with a warranty in an authorized store.

Thanks and Regards,
David Tsang
Old 05-08-2009 at 10:07 AM   #2
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

I think you would be hard pressed to find an old generation MacBook in a store. Generally speaking, the Apple Store would be where you would have to buy it in order to get a warranty, and I don't think they carry them anymore, as they usually only stock the newer items.

My personal opinion about macs is that a warranty isn't really necessary. Sure there are some cases about them breaking down and what not, but overall they are a lot more secure (No viruses!) and well made than your windows OS computers. I have a macbook pro, and have had no problems with it at all.
Old 05-08-2009 at 12:42 PM   #3
casey.park
SRA Member

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsangdw View Post
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I may be able to get my hands on an old generation Apple Macbook Pro. The one before the new uni-body aluminum designs. I know that there are tons secondhand off e-bay and craigslist, etc. but I would like to buy one NIB preferably with a warranty in an authorized store.

Thanks and Regards,
David Tsang
Your best bet is to check store.apple.com/ca in the 'Refurbished' section. There should be at least a few MBPs pre-aluminum. Also, Apple does a fantastic job with their refurbished products and the prices are always lower than retail.