MacInsiders Logo

Old edition textbook vs. New edition.

Old 08-26-2010 at 12:40 AM   #16
knguyens2

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
I bought the wrong edition for Physcis 1B03 and it was fine, the prof never referenced anything, and never assigned questions from the book. I used it to learn concepts I was unclear with and it worked fine, since I bought the matching study guide I was able to practice just fine as well. Either make a friend in the class with the proper edition, just in case. Or if the prof does assign questions, look for the book in the library.
The only downside Im finding to having bought the book is that no one seems to want to buy it from me. I saved $60 buy buying it, but I would feel much better if I could resell it.
That is what i was thinking at work today. I'm probably going to buy new editions for classes that have them, so i can resell it next year, and stick with old wherever I can.
Old 08-26-2010 at 12:40 AM   #17
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by knguyens2 View Post
Really? So this year is the 4th edition for bio? Ugh.
I don't think it has an official edition since it's a custom book.
Old 08-26-2010 at 12:48 AM   #18
knguyens2

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I don't think it has an official edition since it's a custom book.

ooohhh... okay. i guess all I need to know that it's new, and not the same as last year. Also, do the solution manuals all come with the purchase of a text book for all classes?
Old 08-26-2010 at 12:50 AM   #19
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by knguyens2 View Post
ooohhh... okay. i guess all I need to know that it's new, and not the same as last year. Also, do the solution manuals all come with the purchase of a text book for all classes?
No, only if it says SSM in the title, which stands for Student Solutions Manual.
Old 08-26-2010 at 01:53 AM   #20
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

anything on Bachelor of Technology Books ?