MacInsiders Logo
Old 07-02-2008 at 03:43 AM   #1
sj316

Liked: 0 Times

omgsh what do i do??
math 1A03 is full and it's not even one of the electives...
what do i do???
Old 07-02-2008 at 06:16 AM   #2
Gerry

Liked: 9 Times

There's a lot of people in the same situation (as am I) and apparently we just have to wait it out or something until it opens up later. Don't know when exactly is LATER and how that can help if you don't know when . Just rest assured that you are not alone x_x.
"The only thing you can blame is circumstances. Rapists and murderers may be the victims according to you, but l call them dogs. And if they're lapping up their own vomit the only way to stop them is with the lash." - Dogville
Old 07-02-2008 at 08:58 AM   #3
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

People drop Math courses quickly! trust me. Go to the lecture anyways and do the work. Explain to the prof that you need this course. However, by the first lecture, I guarantee people will have dropped the course so you'll be able to take it. I took a first year calc in 2nd year and dropped it after we got the first test back but by then 1/3 of the class was gone. After the first test I bet it was more like half the class was gone. You'll be alright and get a spot, trust me!
Old 07-02-2008 at 09:00 AM   #4
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

I think it's a SOLAR issue, and they're going to have to open more seats (since Math 1A03 is a prereq for so many second year programs). Check back when SOLAR opens again and you'll probably be able to find a spot.

Old 07-02-2008 at 12:54 PM   #5
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Sj316 and Gerry,
If the course is REQUIRED for you, as in you HAVE to take it to complete your year requirements then you have PRIORITY. You WILL get a seat, they will have to open it up for you if seats do not become available. Breathe, I assure you, you will get into the course if it is required for your degree.

Old 07-02-2008 at 02:54 PM   #6
sj316

Liked: 0 Times

it's still not available but at least i know that there are others on the same boat as me lol. i really don't want to take that other math LSsomething..
Old 07-04-2008 at 05:49 PM   #7
Kira

Liked: 3 Times

My friend's MUGSI account wasn't working before. Its fixed now, but the physics course is full and she needs to take it. Should she just wait for it to be available, or call McMaster? Also, if she should wait, should she pick another course so she has a full course load, or just not pick anything?
Thank you for anyone who can help
Old 07-04-2008 at 06:10 PM   #8
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

hey kira, i would suggest your friend to contact an academic advisor from her faculty. that way they can help her deal with the situation and maybe open up a spot for her. that way she doesn't have to stress and keep clicking . If she can, i would pick another course for a full course load just in case.

Kira says thanks to Eva C for this post.
Old 07-04-2008 at 09:02 PM   #9
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

I'd also like to point out, that you're really in no rush either. You have two months left to get into the course. You can e-mail, drop in or call the school and you'll get into the course. I HIGHLY doubt anyone will actually be told no and that they can;t enroll into the math course.
Old 07-04-2008 at 11:10 PM   #10
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

1) Contact your faculty office via email or telephone
2) Tell them you need to get into MATH 1A03
3) Give them your student number
4) ...
5) *poof* and course is available for you.