MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travel medical doctor queenie General Discussion 5 03-19-2012 12:13 PM
Want to travel the world and volunteer? gynmac MacInsiders Announcements 1 10-25-2010 09:38 AM
Astral Travel? ShesTheMan Computers & Tech 0 08-26-2010 12:52 AM
Go Transit travel info **jewel 03** Automotive & Transportation 3 06-24-2010 02:04 PM
travel pass oarxl.89 General Discussion 5 08-17-2007 04:00 PM

That one travel place

Old 05-15-2012 at 02:32 PM   #1
Zachary

Liked: 77 Times

That one travel place
This may be silly, me posting here (going into third year and all), but the question I have to ask fits perfectly here.

If I recall correctly, there used to be some sort of travel services in MUSC - where you could get plane tickets and stuff. Any idea if they're still up and running? I've never actually cared to check when I've strolled through the student centre.
Old 05-15-2012 at 02:56 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
This may be silly, me posting here (going into third year and all), but the question I have to ask fits perfectly here.

If I recall correctly, there used to be some sort of travel services in MUSC - where you could get plane tickets and stuff. Any idea if they're still up and running? I've never actually cared to check when I've strolled through the student centre.
I believe their lease ran out and they didn't renew. There were talks about changing that place into several different things such as a small grocery store owned by the msu as well as another coffee place. That was quite a while ago though, so no idea what the MSU plan on doing with that place.

Zachary says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 05-15-2012 at 03:25 PM   #3
Zachary

Thanks for the reply.

On that note, it occurred to me, do Mac students get any sort of student discount on ticket purchases?
Old 05-15-2012 at 04:00 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

On that note, it occurred to me, do Mac students get any sort of student discount on ticket purchases?
COMPASS sells tickets to various things. Not sure if they are discounted or not, but you can check them out: http://www.msumcmaster.ca/compass/HOME.htm
Old 05-15-2012 at 04:23 PM   #5
Zachary

Lol, thanks. I meant more along the lines of discounts on plane tickets (but somehow I doubt it).
Old 05-15-2012 at 06:49 PM   #6
julianface
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

Best flight search tool IMO. You can search for prices for a whole month, to countries in general, or even tickets from somehwhere to anywhere else in the world. Kayak is also very useful if you want to search multiple airports at a time and have a flexible schedule as well. The downside is that they don't list all of the european budget airlines like skyscanner does. I'm almost certain that if you are somewhat flexible it would not be cheaper to book through an agent as opposed to getting creative with your journey.

EDIT: book ahead as well, prices will only go up bar any special airline specific promotions.

Zachary says thanks to julianface for this post.
Old 05-15-2012 at 11:47 PM   #7
Zachary

Thanks for the input, much appreciated.
Old 05-16-2012 at 12:46 AM   #8
julianface
Elite Member

Quote:
Thanks for the input, much appreciated.
No worries I spend a LOT of time planning shit like this. Where are you headed?
Old 05-16-2012 at 01:36 AM   #9
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

I have never heard of any companies offering student discounts for airline tickets, but that doesn't mean you can't get regular discount tickets through companies!

Also, if your not going horribly far (in travel terms) then I would definitely recommend mega bus since they are so cheap. We took the bus instead of a plane for spring break and although it took longer, the freed up money gave me more spending money when I got there
Old 05-16-2012 at 06:40 AM   #10
julianface
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I have never heard of any companies offering student discounts for airline tickets, but that doesn't mean you can't get regular discount tickets through companies!

Also, if your not going horribly far (in travel terms) then I would definitely recommend mega bus since they are so cheap. We took the bus instead of a plane for spring break and although it took longer, the freed up money gave me more spending money when I got there

megabus is great. We went all the way to Memphis staying in Chicago and saint Louis as well for 100 dollars each return trip.