MacInsiders Logo
Old 07-22-2010 at 11:10 PM   #1
Qadd

Liked: 3 Times

onemanga died...
So i just went on onemanga and it says that this week is the last week that it will work

but i always read claymore and other manga on it...does anyone know if there's another good manga site?

Any help is appreciated
Old 07-22-2010 at 11:17 PM   #2
Vladsky

Liked: Liked 2 Times

http://mangastream.com/ has the major series'

Losing this and ninjavideo so close to each other is distressing : \

Qadd, resh.jyoti like this.
Old 07-22-2010 at 11:21 PM   #3
Qadd

Liked: 3 Times

thanks andrew
Old 07-23-2010 at 02:27 AM   #4
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladsky View Post
http://mangastream.com/ has the major series'

Losing this and ninjavideo so close to each other is distressing : \
The loss of NinjaVideo and Co is a lot scarier than the loss onemanga. OM went down because they were respecting the wishes of various right holders, NinjaVideo was forcefully taken down by the US government, the NinjaVideo take down sets a really scary precedence that the US government can take anything off the internet that they dont like (regardless of country of origin) .
Old 07-23-2010 at 03:09 AM   #5
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
The loss of NinjaVideo and Co is a lot scarier than the loss onemanga. OM went down because they were respecting the wishes of various right holders, NinjaVideo was forcefully taken down by the US government, the NinjaVideo take down sets a really scary precedence that the US government can take anything off the internet that they dont like (regardless of country of origin) .

... That *is* quite frightening.
Old 07-23-2010 at 05:46 AM   #6
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Ninja's forum is back up:
http://www.ninjavideoforum.n et/

Also-resistance:
http://www.saveninjavideo.ne t/

The admins will be fighting the US government, which will likely be a fairly decisive case, as it sets a precedent for the future of how cases like this will be handled, and what the future of online media sharing will be. It could frankly end up effecting everyone who uses online media. End of the internet as we know it kinda thing. They need help though...so if you're interested in the future of the internet, give the forum a look.

Last edited by crazyfree : 07-23-2010 at 05:52 AM.
Old 07-23-2010 at 07:43 AM   #7
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

www.mangafox.com

That's another one.

:(

I just heard of onemanga closing from here, and immediately rushed over. I can't believe it!
Old 07-23-2010 at 10:12 AM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

I also switched to Mangafox.

My question is that onemanga had this really nice chrome extension where it keeps track of that chapter you are on in each manga and tells you when a new one is available to read.

I couldn't find a chrome extension for other manga sites, does anyone know any user scripts that does this? Or if they could write one if they know how...
Old 07-23-2010 at 10:14 AM   #9
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I also switched to Mangafox.

My question is that onemanga had this really nice chrome extension where it keeps track of that chapter you are on in each manga and tells you when a new one is available to read.

I couldn't find a chrome extension for other manga sites, does anyone know any user scripts that does this? Or if they could write one if they know how...
/emorage.
Never even knew of that function. Would have been so damn nice to use.
Old 07-23-2010 at 10:16 AM   #10
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeM View Post
/emorage.
Never even knew of that function. Would have been so damn nice to use.
I know, I'm the type of person that reads tons of chapters of a manga but then stops randomly for like a week or two before resuming. Sometimes I forget what chapter I was on.
Old 07-23-2010 at 10:21 AM   #11
Vladsky

Liked: Liked 2 Times

For those looking for a ninjavideo alternative, http://www.icefilms.info/index has a similar layout, just has a slightly trickier way of watching the videos, gotta get a firefox addon, ICE quick stream, which they link to from the main page. This site has worked for me so far! It's not ninjavideo, but it'll have to do until they they relocate to swedish servers.
Old 07-23-2010 at 11:56 AM   #12
changturkey

Liked: 9 Times

Don't know if any of you guys know this, but another really good manga site, Mangatoshokan, had about 90% or more of their library erased due to copy right issues. I'm guessing OneManga and MF will suffer the same fate soon.

EDIT: Oh shit, wow Onemanga is totally gone. FYI, there is a site that is run by the same people from OM, called 1000manga, the library isn't huge, but if you like the layout, google it.

Last edited by changturkey : 07-23-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-23-2010 at 12:47 PM   #13
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Onemanga is gone? Goddamn.Whenever I read manga I went there ...

Honestly, what kind of a case does Ninja Video have? I doubt they'll win.

resh.jyoti likes this.
Old 07-23-2010 at 04:26 PM   #14
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

I found another one~!

www.anymanga.com

Actually, the loss of onemanga has really hit me hard. The rest of the websites are decidedly lacking, compartively.
Old 07-23-2010 at 05:28 PM   #15
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Honestly, what kind of a case does Ninja Video have? I doubt they'll win.
If they weren't an American company, and were taken down by the American government it would seem like they'd have a case based on jurisdiction stuff at least. I usually used other sites besides Ninjavideo, but now I really want to look into this case. If the American government gets the power to take down non-US websites that could really screw up the dynamics of the internet.