MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Online Summer Courses paularebecca Academics 2 03-09-2015 03:50 PM
Athabasca Online courses mfattal Academics 8 03-01-2014 07:21 PM
Athabasca Online Summer School xxorianna Academics 7 05-26-2013 07:52 PM
Online Physics 1B03 with Athabasca University funkymonkey Academics 0 06-13-2011 05:40 PM
Online Courses In Summer School? NoLungz Academics 6 06-13-2011 04:35 PM

Online Summer Courses at Athabasca

Old 04-19-2016 at 08:22 PM   #1
Shivani Patel

Liked: 1 Time

Online Summer Courses at Athabasca
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone has taken online courses through Athabasca University before and wouldn't mind sharing their experience with it. Also, if anyone has any recommendations for easy electives to take or courses they found interesting/light workload from Athabasca University then that would be great!

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2016
anal destruct
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 04-19-2016
anal destruct
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 04-21-2016 at 06:06 PM   #2
Watoko
Elite Member

Liked: 126 Times

Hi Shivani,

I took Bio235: Human Anatomy and Physiology as I needed it for a requirement for my program. It's basically all self learning so you need good time management. They give you 1 year to complete the course (as this was worth 2 credits) but I finished it in 4 months over the summer due to the requirement for entry into my 3rd year program in September. I don't remember any online modules for this course, so it was all mainly self-directed reading from the textbook. There are assignments, which were fairly straight forward. The answers could be found from the readings. There was a lab component to this, and it was great because it wasn't actually a real lab. Basically you do some virtual experiments (on the computer like a game) and answer questions that are to be submitted. You did not have to write a lab report. In terms of writing the midterms and finals, that's basically scheduled whenever you're ready. The midterms and finals are computer based multiple choice questions completed at designated schools. You also are assigned a personal tutor who will mark your assignments and answer any questions you have about the course material through email. I wouldn't say this was an easy course as it is really content heavy, but I just wanted to share my experiences of a course I took to meet a requirement. Overall, taking a course at Athabasca was super convenient because you work at your own pace.
Old 04-21-2016 at 09:56 PM   #3
Shivani Patel

Liked: 1 Time

Thank you so much for your reply! That definitely helps and makes sense.

Thanks once again,
Shivani