MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are there any good looking female profs at mac? Rakim General Discussion 134 10-11-2010 03:12 AM
looking for female roommates! l0nd0n Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 14 05-29-2010 08:55 AM

ONLY female roommates/All female houses

Old 01-11-2011 at 05:58 PM   #16
sf

Liked: 36 Times

I'm a girl and I live in a house with 3 other guys and love it! There is no senseless drama and bitchiness. I don't know why some girls are so scared to live with guys, you have your own room and are just sharing common spaces so it really isn't that much different than living in res on a floor with guys.

alh24 likes this.
Old 01-11-2011 at 05:59 PM   #17
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
To each his own. And maybe some girls just aren't comfortable having guys living in the same house. Also, you're forgetting cultural differences and such.
Thanks for reading the thread, Sara :/

Post #10 and #11 should clear that up for those girls who think what's between their legs is of utmost importance to any male, because that's basically what we're talking about. The possibility of attraction followed by sex. Or just sex, if you want to be a little more realistic.

Cultural differences are bullshit.

Old 01-11-2011 at 06:04 PM   #18
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:

Edit: Your posts seem to generalize all girls here. Not all girls are tramps/part 24/7 /dress like... Just like not all guys are drunk all the time/party-ers, etc.
You're not really doing a very good job at understanding my point. My point is that I'm not generalizing. My point is that when you start generalizing people in those ways, shit hits the fan.

Old 01-11-2011 at 06:04 PM   #19
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

I don't care either way, but I do like living with all girls just because then I don't have to make sure I'm properly dressed outside of my room...if I want to cook in the kitchen in my tank and short shorts, or walk around in my towel after a shower I can.
That said, I'll probably be living in a coed house next year so I'll just have to deal

Old 01-11-2011 at 06:07 PM   #20
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
I don't care either way, but I do like living with all girls just because then I don't have to make sure I'm properly dressed outside of my room...if I want to cook in the kitchen in my tank and short shorts, or walk around in my towel after a shower I can.
That said, I'll probably be living in a coed house next year so I'll just have to deal
And in my opinion those are examples of perfectly valid reasons to have those kinds of concerns; little almost humorous things that don't carry the weight of generalizations and stereotypes.

That being said: MY opinion doesn't matter. These are all things that have been injected into us for years now, I'm just agitated by the lengths some people will go to ensure that their irrationality is kept safe.

BTW, if anyone else mistakes anything I've posted for me saying that all girls are floozies and that all guys are horndogs, don't make me explain to you how you've missed the point completely; save yourself some rage by re-reading and comprehending better.

Old 01-11-2011 at 06:10 PM   #21
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
Thanks for reading the thread, Sara :/

Post #10 and #11 should clear that up for those girls who think what's between their legs is of utmost importance to any male, because that's basically what we're talking about. The possibility of attraction followed by sex. Or just sex, if you want to be a little more realistic.

Cultural differences are bullshit.
You're welcome.. I read it now though -__-

It's the way a lot of people have been brought up. It's really hard for anyone to change overnight when you've spent 18 years under your parents roof with them pushing the whole idea of no sex till marriage or do this and don't do that because of culture/religion. It's true that we're supposed to be old and mature enough to think for ourselves but it's really hard to change something that's been drilled into your head for sooooooooo long.

Quote:
You're not really doing a very good job at understanding my point. My point is that I'm not generalizing. My point is that when you start generalizing people in those ways, shit hits the fan.
Gotcha. My bad for misunderstanding.
Old 01-11-2011 at 06:10 PM   #22
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

If I was girl i wouldn't want to live with a group of guys. But im not a girl. I have a *****.
Old 01-11-2011 at 06:11 PM   #23
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Kendoon, it's simple.

When you have a daughter who's going off to university, would you want her to sleep in the same apartment with a male?

Most likely they are gonna do something. It's coded in our DNA, we breed to keep our species alive.
Old 01-11-2011 at 06:13 PM   #24
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Protective boyfriends may also dislike the idea of their girlfriends living in a house with other guys

Old 01-11-2011 at 06:13 PM   #25
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaltair View Post
Kendoon, it's simple.

When you have a daughter who's going off to university, would you want her to sleep in the same apartment with a male?

Most likely they are gonna do something. It's coded in our DNA, we breed to keep our species alive.
Read the thread, prophet.

At this age, if your daughter is going off to university and you are concerned with who she is sleeping with; you are the one who is immature (the parent).

alh24 likes this.
Old 01-11-2011 at 06:15 PM   #26
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
spent 18 years under your parents roof with them pushing the whole idea of no sex till marriage
Wat?

Sure, no sex until marriage. Sure. Because for 99.9% of the human population, that works so well.

Archaic customs are archaic.

Old 01-11-2011 at 06:16 PM   #27
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Quote:
Read the thread, prophet.

At this age, if your daughter is going off to university and you are concerned with who she is sleeping with; you are the one who is immature (the parent).
Least I will be the responsible one.
Old 01-11-2011 at 06:17 PM   #28
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
Protective boyfriends may also dislike the idea of their girlfriends living in a house with other guys
(Socially) protective boyfriend is almost always synonymous with jealous boyfriend which is entirely synonymous with idiot that needs to grow up.

jamescw1234 likes this.
Old 01-11-2011 at 06:18 PM   #29
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaltair View Post
Least I will be the responsible one.
Acceptable (open to interpretation) and consensual sexual activities do not in any way hinder or undermine either party.

To label being an overprotective parent or allowing yourself as the offspring to be subjected to a parent's prying eye at a mature age is an example of irresponsible and stupid parenting combined with a child that lacks any sense of autonomy. Far too many people mistake 'being responsible' for 'not experiencing life'.

Old 01-11-2011 at 06:19 PM   #30
sf

Liked: 36 Times

I think its all about trust. My parents trust me and they trust the guys I live with, so really that's all that matters. I mean sure they weren't thrilled when I first told them I was living with guys but once they met them and saw that they were nice guys there was no issue. I also feel a lot safer living with guys than girls and I know my parents think I am safer too.