MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Orgo 2 with Paul Harrison OldSpiceGuy Academics 2 05-06-2012 10:27 AM
Orgo 20B3 Help Scuderia General Discussion 1 07-07-2011 11:59 AM
Organic Chemistry 20B3 DylanKel Academics 3 06-15-2009 07:19 AM
Orgo 20B3 and 2OA3, and biochem 2EE3, and bio 2EE3 rits Academics 1 08-24-2008 03:44 PM

Orgo 20B3 w/ Paul Harrison

Old 06-17-2012 at 03:41 PM   #1
Galleria

Liked: 10 Times

Orgo 20B3 w/ Paul Harrison
I'm considering taking this course next term. What did people who took this course in the summer think? After taking Orgo 1 with Landry who I felt was a fair test maker, can I expect the same with Harrison?

Also is this course significantly harder than Orgo 1? Any advice/tips from people who took it before?

Thanks!
Old 06-17-2012 at 03:46 PM   #2
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galleria View Post
I'm considering taking this course next term. What did people who took this course in the summer think? After taking Orgo 1 with Landry who I felt was a fair test maker, can I expect the same with Harrison?

Also is this course significantly harder than Orgo 1? Any advice/tips from people who took it before?

Thanks!
I had Harrison for a different course, but his tests tend to be on the easier side of fair. You should be fine if you take it with him.

I thought the course was far easier than 2OA3.

5.98e24, Galleria, kaitotst, nmerwin all say thanks to nerual for this post.

Galleria, nmerwin like this.
Old 06-17-2012 at 09:32 PM   #3
nmerwin

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
This just made me feel way better!
Old 06-18-2012 at 12:27 AM   #4
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

I had Harrison for a different course. He's pretty funny and a good teacher.
Old 06-18-2012 at 09:39 AM   #5
TheCrucible

Liked: 51 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
I had Harrison for a different course, but his tests tend to be on the easier side of fair. You should be fine if you take it with him.

I've noticed that some people find 2OB3 easier than 2OA3, while others find it harder. I found it harder.

While 2OA3 has the basics and covers a lot of different topics, 2OB3 goes in depth on a few topics. Teri, who taught summer orgo last year, was right when she said that the entire 2OB3 course is pretty much about carbonyls.

So I guess it depends on the person. Do you find learning the basics of a lot of different topics easier, or does going in-depth on a select few suit your style?
Old 06-18-2012 at 09:44 AM   #6
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

If you read the review here on macinsiders even the guy who made the review said orgo 20b3 recently got harder than previous years. it doesn't matter though. still gotta work hard either way.
Old 06-18-2012 at 10:30 AM   #7
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrucible View Post
I've noticed that some people find 2OB3 easier than 2OA3, while others find it harder. I found it harder.

While 2OA3 has the basics and covers a lot of different topics, 2OB3 goes in depth on a few topics. Teri, who taught summer orgo last year, was right when she said that the entire 2OB3 course is pretty much about carbonyls.

So I guess it depends on the person. Do you find learning the basics of a lot of different topics easier, or does going in-depth on a select few suit your style?
The course calendar says the course is about carbonyls lol.
I found it easier because it flowed.

TheCrucible likes this.