MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battle of the Birds: Earth Sci - 2GG3 vs. Origins 2LU3? Sintos Academics 16 12-08-2010 11:09 AM
Origins 2LU3 manaya Academics 1 08-26-2010 09:41 PM
About Origins 2LU3 ae1011 Academics 1 06-08-2010 05:10 PM

orig 2lu3

Old 06-12-2011 at 11:59 AM   #1
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

orig 2lu3
hey so this is a fairly new course i think it just started last year, so i know theres at least one group thats taken it, so im wondering how this course is and if someone could create a review for it.

if you have taken this course could you let me know: how it was, what it covered, how the prof was, the difficulty level, and other such info

thanks
~C
Old 06-12-2011 at 12:01 PM   #2
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Just bumping... I'm stuck with this course until I can sneak into a different one... physio course list sucks this year.
Old 06-12-2011 at 12:07 PM   #3
Chevalier
Elite Member

agreed the physio list isnt really that good... hey bte on the side did u taker kin 2c03 or 2cc3? if u did what did u think of those courses birtb
Old 06-12-2011 at 01:47 PM   #4
BlueWave

Liked: 16 Times

i took Kin 2CC3 - it was pretty easy but not as interesting as I thought it would be, there was a lot of biochem in the beginning - glycolysis, kreb's cycle
but the training adaptations of the cv system were pretty cool!
i would recommend this course because we had a great prof who's really passionate and explains it in a way that's easy to understand!
check out the review:
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...siology+2 cc3
Old 06-12-2011 at 07:55 PM   #5
Chevalier
Elite Member

bump has anyone taken orig 2lu3?
Old 06-12-2011 at 08:17 PM   #6
LBJ.MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
bump has anyone taken orig 2lu3?
Hey, i took this course last year. It was being offered for the first time. Overall its an easy elective even though i thought it was a bit dry at times. There are weekly tutorials, in which ur either presenting or critiquing other presentations. There was one midterm worth 20 %, and the exam was worth 40 or 60 % depending on how you do. For the first half of the term, Dr. Stone taught and the last half, there were guest speakers. There was also a project worth 10 % but it was pretty easy to do as well in. If u have any questions, feel free to ask me. It was a fairly easy class, but I didn't particularly enjoy it.

BlueWave, Chevalier, Sheikia all say thanks to LBJ.MVP for this post.
Old 06-12-2011 at 09:40 PM   #7
Chevalier
Elite Member

haha cool thx.. btw do u have the course outline on you or can u tell me what you guys covered? and what would u say is a good mark to get with a decent amout of effort?... im actually debating btw this course and psych 2tt3 (which is only aviable in the eve) so if uve taken both id like to here what u think...

and it also seems that there no longer are tutorials according to thew master timetable, so it may have changed quite a bit from the first year

Last edited by Chevalier : 06-12-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-13-2011 at 07:39 AM   #8
Chevalier
Elite Member

bump would you have the course outline for this lbj.mvp?
Old 06-13-2011 at 08:19 AM   #9
LBJ.MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
bump would you have the course outline for this lbj.mvp?
Here you go. Btw i have taken Life science 2D03, which is essentially the same thing as psych 2tt3 and i found it to be more interesting then origins but i did really well in both classes. I also talked to the professor for Origins and he told me they are making some major changes to the course so be wary of that.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2lu3code.pdf (70.0 KB, 55 views)

Chevalier, Freak705, kenneth526, Sheikia all say thanks to LBJ.MVP for this post.