MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
osap deadline july 15h shannonkim Financial Aid 2 07-15-2010 09:31 AM
deadline for osap Skye Financial Aid 6 07-06-2010 02:26 PM
OSAP application deadline? Mr.Prodigy Academics 6 06-23-2010 08:43 PM
2010-2011 OSAP Application Deadline TLulu First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 02-16-2010 12:27 AM
OSAP deadline dkehfdk Financial Aid 2 01-09-2010 10:00 AM

OSAP and Sept 1 Deadline

Old 08-29-2009 at 11:52 PM   #1
Proxy

Liked: 7 Times

OSAP and Sept 1 Deadline
I applied for OSAP late as in just before Aug 31, and I know we have to pay tech. by Sept. 1 if we haven't applied for OSAP, else we get the interest. So me being careful I paid my tuition fully just in case my OSAP doesn't get finalized in time (hence why I can't check OSAP in my Payment Agreement which makes me worried). What happens with my potential OSAP loan? Did anyone else have a similar experience?

EDIT: As in will Mac refund me back the amount of money granted to me by OSAP eventually? Does anyone know?
Old 08-29-2009 at 11:56 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
I applied for OSAP late as in just before Aug 31, and I know we have to pay tech. by Sept. 1 if we haven't applied for OSAP, else we get the interest. So me being careful I paid my tuition fully just in case my OSAP doesn't get finalized in time (hence why I can't check OSAP in my Payment Agreement which makes me worried). What happens with my potential OSAP loan? Did anyone else have a similar experience?

EDIT: As in will Mac refund me back the amount of money granted to me by OSAP eventually? Does anyone know?
You would just pick up your OSAP. Since you can't check OSAP in your payment agreement, you OSAP never goes to the university.
Old 08-30-2009 at 12:04 AM   #3
Proxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
You would just pick up your OSAP. Since you can't check OSAP in your payment agreement, you OSAP never goes to the university.
So when I go to pick it up I just get a physical cheque instead of the bunch of papers we usually get?
Old 08-30-2009 at 12:07 AM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
So when I go to pick it up I just get a physical cheque instead of the bunch of papers we usually get?
The cheque gets mailed, takes a couple of weeks or probably a month. You can provide your banking information and they'll do a direct deposit which takes a week or two.
Old 08-30-2009 at 12:11 AM   #5
Proxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
The cheque gets mailed, takes a couple of weeks or probably a month. You can provide your banking information and they'll do a direct deposit which takes a week or two.
Thanks a lot. That really eased my mind.