MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OSAP pick up problem desimac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-28-2010 03:20 PM
OSAP and Flex OSAP Plan HELP! knguyens2 Financial Aid 4 08-23-2010 09:40 AM
Osap problem! sinnersdrown First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-08-2010 10:03 PM
having problem with OSAP Bodun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 06-17-2010 04:04 PM
Can someone help with my problem? Rakim First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 12-24-2009 01:58 PM

OSAP Problem

Old 11-27-2009 at 05:24 AM   #1
Reno V

Liked: 38 Times

OSAP Problem
So I'm in second year, and I just returned home. I noticed a foreboding envelope with my name on it, labeled IMPORTANT from OSAP.

Needless to say, my parents pay no heed to it, and don't mention it over the phone.

Turns out I needed to confirm my enrollment for a second year by Nov 1. It's now Nov 27.

What do I do?

Should I go to the financial aid office, or the registrar, and try to get a form to send in, or should I talk to OSAP directly?
Old 11-27-2009 at 08:16 AM   #2
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno V View Post
So I'm in second year, and I just returned home. I noticed a foreboding envelope with my name on it, labeled IMPORTANT from OSAP.

Needless to say, my parents pay no heed to it, and don't mention it over the phone.

Turns out I needed to confirm my enrollment for a second year by Nov 1. It's now Nov 27.

What do I do?

Should I go to the financial aid office, or the registrar, and try to get a form to send in, or should I talk to OSAP directly?
I would suggest going to the financial aid office today. If they cannot help you (which I doubt would happen), you can try calling OSAP directly. The contact information is below:

OSAP : Student Support Branch
Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities
PO Box 4500
189 Red River Road, 4th Floor
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 6G9
(807) 343-7260

The Student Support Branch is meant to help students studying at a postsecondary institution outside Ontario, so they might not be able to help you. But, nonetheless, you can always give it a shot! Hope that helps
Old 11-28-2009 at 07:20 PM   #3
Nosferatu

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno V View Post

What do I do?

FYI, you only need to confirm your enrollment if you do not get OSAP in second year. If you currently get OSAP, all that is taken care of 'automatically'.
Old 11-28-2009 at 07:24 PM   #4
TTHX

Liked: 62 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
FYI, you only need to confirm your enrollment if you do not get OSAP in second year. If you currently get OSAP, all that is taken care of 'automatically'.
This is right. So if you did get OSAP this year there's nothing to worry about. I was in the same situation haha I was REALLY worried.
Old 11-29-2009 at 12:44 AM   #5
Reno V

Liked: 38 Times

Thanks guys, but I didn't apply for another year of OSAP.

I printed out the form from OSAP, so I guess I'll just head over to the financial aid office on Monday, and see if they can sort this out.