MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OSAP question MTK3 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-28-2010 09:30 PM
Osap question cjdzl Financial Aid 0 07-13-2010 11:52 AM
What happens if I do this (OSAP question) Sultan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-12-2010 01:51 PM
OSAP Question Alchemist11 Financial Aid 3 05-31-2010 11:10 PM
OSAP question killza Financial Aid 1 09-10-2009 01:40 PM

OSAP Question

Old 08-27-2011 at 11:09 PM   #1
jaym

Liked: 0 Times

OSAP Question
Hey, so I submitted my application for OSAP in early July but didn't send my Declaration & Signature pages in until early August. My OSAP page still doesn't say that my documents have been received and therefore my funding has not been issued yet. Any idea how long it takes for the funding to be issued once the documents are received? I'm concerned I won't be able to pick up my OSAP by the September 15th deadline and not sure what I should do since I've chosen OSAP as my payment method.
Old 08-27-2011 at 11:17 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaym View Post
Hey, so I submitted my application for OSAP in early July but didn't send my Declaration & Signature pages in until early August. My OSAP page still doesn't say that my documents have been received and therefore my funding has not been issued yet. Any idea how long it takes for the funding to be issued once the documents are received? I'm concerned I won't be able to pick up my OSAP by the September 15th deadline and not sure what I should do since I've chosen OSAP as my payment method.
The deadline to pick up OSAP is prior to completion of the school year (So like April). If you miss the general pick-up, you can pick up your OSAP at the SFAS office in Gilmour Hall.

They might just be busy with all the OSAP declarations they are receiving. Even in summer when I went in June there were line-ups at the office. You can call and ask if they've received the papers though. sfas.mcmaster.ca
Old 08-28-2011 at 12:03 AM   #3
jaym

Thanks! I didn't think it would be a big deal... But then I looked on my payment agreement today and it says OSAP must be picked up by september 15th for the OSAP payment plan. So if I pick it up after that date will that affect my account at all or cause any problems?
Old 08-28-2011 at 12:06 AM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Thanks! I didn't think it would be a big deal... But then I looked on my payment agreement today and it says OSAP must be picked up by september 15th for the OSAP payment plan. So if I pick it up after that date will that affect my account at all or cause any problems?
That'll be a problem. If the deadline is on your payment agreement then you'll have to manage. Call SFAS on Monday to ask if it'll be ready on time, if not then you'll have to change your PA to another plan.
Old 08-30-2011 at 11:08 PM   #5
jaym

So I called SFAS and they said they're still working on processing a lot of the signature pages and suggested I just wait and see if my OSAP is ready soon... I mentioned the september 15th deadline and she said I technically have the whole month of september to pick up my OSAP. Do you know what happens if the deadline isn't met though? Do they just start charging interest or does anything else happen?

Also, september 23rd is the deadline to pickup osap for 'priority consideration' for bursaries... Will they still give you bursaries even if OSAP is picked up later than this?
Old 08-31-2011 at 07:58 AM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
So I called SFAS and they said they're still working on processing a lot of the signature pages and suggested I just wait and see if my OSAP is ready soon... I mentioned the september 15th deadline and she said I technically have the whole month of september to pick up my OSAP. Do you know what happens if the deadline isn't met though? Do they just start charging interest or does anything else happen?

Also, september 23rd is the deadline to pickup osap for 'priority consideration' for bursaries... Will they still give you bursaries even if OSAP is picked up later than this?
Interest is compounded monthly on the last day of each month.

The definition of 'priority consideration' would lead me to believe that you could still get the McMaster bursary even if you pick up OSAP past this date. As always, to confirm you should talk to SFAS.