MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Needing Guidance for Tuition Payment dr34mXXX First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 08-10-2008 08:00 PM
McMaster Out of Province Students (MOOPS) Gallant21 Clubs 9 08-08-2008 07:05 PM
Out of province students!? woodlawngirl First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-01-2008 09:06 AM

out of province: no guidance?

Old 04-20-2009 at 08:03 PM   #1
audiosonic

Liked: 1 Time

out of province: no guidance?
I assume that because mcmaster is almost completely ontario students, that is the reason why they do not send offers of admission and packets in the mail to out of province students.
I admit I am one to be a little paranoid, but it feels as though mac hasn't recognized me at all. Aside from my offer of admission email, i haven't heard from mac, even though I've accepted their offer about a week ago. So, I am beginning to worry if they got my acceptance and whatnot. Also, I have no idea which step to take next.
Thanks to anyone who can help!
Old 04-20-2009 at 08:26 PM   #2
JeffB

Liked: 26 Times

You are right about the lack of out of province students as a portion of the student body. When ever something was mailed to me it seemed to take a week longer to reach me in Calgary than my friends in Ontario. Why this is I have no idea.

Then again they also mailed me an offer of admission instead of emailing it so times have changed. I am not sure how much there is left to do until summer. All I can think of is your residence/meal card applications. If you are still worried you could call the registrar at 905-525-4600.

Congratulations on getting into Mac its a great school.
Old 04-21-2009 at 05:31 PM   #3
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

The only things I remember getting after I accepted my offer of admission are invitations to things like May @ Mac and Summer Orientation.

They probably don't except out of province students to be flying here just to attend something for one day.

Other than that there's the move in info and stuff but that comes later in the Summer.

It's still really early, this school year is just coming to an end now.

While the information is helpful I'm sure you can find it online, or by calling the school. There are a lot of online resources, including this forum. If you feel like there is something you're missing or if you have questions about first year feel free to ask here. There are lots of helpful people who will be willing to answer your questions and there are likely some out of province students who may be able to help you if you have any specific questions that relate to being from outside of Ontario.
Old 04-21-2009 at 07:37 PM   #4
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiosonic View Post
I assume that because mcmaster is almost completely ontario students, that is the reason why they do not send offers of admission and packets in the mail to out of province students.
I admit I am one to be a little paranoid, but it feels as though mac hasn't recognized me at all. Aside from my offer of admission email, i haven't heard from mac, even though I've accepted their offer about a week ago. So, I am beginning to worry if they got my acceptance and whatnot. Also, I have no idea which step to take next.
Thanks to anyone who can help!
It takes a little while for the mail to arrive..im from toronto and it took me a full week right after receiving my acceptance online..Just wait a while

What program are you doing?