MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Parking jasmineb General Discussion 3 03-24-2013 05:36 PM
Parking 2012/2013 ? NatalyaOtaku Automotive & Transportation 3 04-09-2012 12:04 PM
Parking? SaraM General Discussion 25 07-28-2008 03:23 PM

Parking 2013

Old 06-10-2013 at 04:26 PM   #1
krystle

Liked: 0 Times

Parking 2013
Hey,

So I am looking into parking for Fall 2013 as I will be commuting from Milton and so there is no other direct transportation route.

From what I am gathering it's going to cost me about 40 dollars per month to park in lot M which is a 20+ min walk to campus.

This sounds like a pretty crappy deal.

Does anyone have any suggestions on other options I may have?

Appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2013 at 04:30 PM   #2
Christ

Liked: 9 Times

There are shuttle buses that can take you from Lot M to Mary Keyes, so you don't have to walk.

Another option would be to find a student house renting out their parking space close to campus or where most of your classes might be during the semester.
Old 06-10-2013 at 04:32 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystle View Post
Hey,

So I am looking into parking for Fall 2013 as I will be commuting from Milton and so there is no other direct transportation route.

From what I am gathering it's going to cost me about 40 dollars per month to park in lot M which is a 20+ min walk to campus.

This sounds like a pretty crappy deal.

Does anyone have any suggestions on other options I may have?

Appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks!
M lot is about a ten-minute walk to campus and there's a shuttle bus also.
In general, there aren't "good" options for parking on/near campus. There are too many people and not enough space. You can pay more for a spot on campus, or you can see if you can rent someone's driveway. Many people park in the Metro/Fortinos parking lots and walk or take the bus from there.
Old 06-10-2013 at 04:49 PM   #4
raptorboi

Liked: 6 Times

its definitely not a 20 minute walk! The walk is great, up a hill, nice little workout to wake you up in the morning before class

krystle says thanks to raptorboi for this post.
Old 06-10-2013 at 08:28 PM   #5
mediagurl

Liked: 22 Times

you could also park at the Stadium under ground. but it's more.
Old 08-08-2013 at 07:29 PM   #6
patriots4eva

Liked: 5 Times

I'm starting in September too, and commuting, not looking forward to this at all...do people vandalise cars under the stadium?
Old 08-08-2013 at 07:41 PM   #7
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Never heard of a car being vandalized underground. Nice thing about the passes is pretty much everywhere is free on weekends, and from around 7pm-6am (I think around 6am-7am) on weekdays.

patriots4eva says thanks to BlakeM for this post.
Old 08-11-2013 at 05:00 PM   #8
microcrashbo

GO Transit has bus goes directly south to 407 and catch route 47 right into Mac.
Just a thought - check GO's website for more information.
Old 08-11-2013 at 05:09 PM   #9
justlily

Liked: 5 Times

My house may be renting out our parking space during the year. It's along Norfolk St. North, which is right next to campus and 1 minute walk to ABB. I haven't put up an ad for it yet, but if you're interested, let me know.

bells likes this.
Old 08-11-2013 at 09:07 PM   #10
soltintal

Liked: 38 Times

be careful about parking at Fortinos. As it's meant for their customers only, they do actually patrol the lot. Many times I've seen ticketed cars there. If you're going to attempt it, I suggest you park in the middle hidden amongst the other cars where it's not so obvious that you've been sitting there for hours on end. Most of the tickets I've seen are on the east end of the lot (closest to the campus) where it's not as crowded and much more obvious if the car has been sitting there for more than a "reasonable" amount of time to shop.
Old 08-12-2013 at 08:24 AM   #11
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

I love the walk to/from lot M.
If you're physically fit, you can get there faster than the shuttlebus.
Good workout, nice walk.
Quite safe, too.
Old 08-12-2013 at 10:44 AM   #12
RJK1990

Liked: 11 Times

In my final year, I commuted down to Mac and didn't want to pay for parking, so I parked where a lot of other students do; at the closed down and abandoned industry buildings on Leland avenue.

Throughout the day, you'll see that lot get completely filled with commuting students and it's nearly empty by about 5:30 pm. It should be noted that this is private property, but the businesses have long since closed down and I never got a ticket once for parking in that lot. It's only about a 5 min walk to campus which is nice and convenient.

As a point of reference, the adress is 71 Leland St, L8S 3A1
Old 08-13-2013 at 12:34 PM   #13
bells

can someone please let me know where i can find people renting out their driveways?
Old 08-13-2013 at 01:36 PM   #14
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bells View Post
can someone please let me know where i can find people renting out their driveways?
Check out facebook or the macinsiders marketplace here: http://www.macinsiders.com/forumdisp...191.html?f=191