MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
past tests, notes, labs for chem bio 2a03? jordan19 Academics 4 09-02-2010 08:36 PM
Past Midterm Tests (BIOLOGY 1M03) sinthusized Academics 6 10-16-2008 07:22 PM

Past labs, tests, assignments

Old 08-13-2008 at 10:19 AM   #1
sycoman

Liked: 9 Times

Past labs, tests, assignments
Hey guys,

Is it a good idea to get assigments, labs, test etc. from senior students? I know that this really helps in highschool becuase some times similar questions from past years show up on tests or assignments.

Are assigments and labs completely different year to year? or do they some what similar

Thanks
Old 08-13-2008 at 10:36 AM   #2
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

I was in science first year, so for chemistry, they post up previous years' tests online so you can study from them that way. There aren't any assignments that I can recall from that but there is a bio article which isn't all that helpful to go over. Labs were the same so you could see if a previous years students labs could help you although you still have to be able to analyze the information well. Bio labs aren't possible to get as they take back the tests but the short answer questions could be helpful. In terms of math, previous tests are very similar to the questions that you do from the questions in the courseware you buy so getting previous tests is jsut an added bonus. Psych I believe is completely different this year so I'm not sure.

I suppose it depends on the course but if they do allow you to take the tests home, there are already probably practice tests or quizes online for that course. But take the help you can!
Old 08-13-2008 at 11:43 AM   #3
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

The Science Society offers a test bank. You can actually go and sign out old tests for most of your courses.

To do that, all you need to do is pop by the office during their business hours.

The Science Society office is currently in BSB109 but we may be moving.

For other faculties, talk to your welcome week reps!! I'm sure they'll know where to go =)
Old 08-13-2008 at 01:43 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Sweet, the old tests come with answers to check if we did it correctly? And how many old tests do you usually carry? How long are we allowed to borrow them for?
Old 08-13-2008 at 04:53 PM   #5
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

There are SO many tests. They are from when profs return tests to students and then students who got them back give them to us. Some may have answers, some may not. I believe you can sign them out for an hour but if you think you'd want it for longer, you could just ask. Or you can just have them photocopied...

jhan523 says thanks to temara.brown for this post.
Old 08-14-2008 at 12:34 AM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Ah, true, never though about photocopying... maybe even scanning if I have one... or someone on my res has one XD