MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Putting Student Account Balance into Payment Agreement Balance Zoobasaurus Financial Aid 1 09-11-2014 09:37 PM
Over payed tuition GWong Financial Aid 2 09-11-2011 05:04 PM
Needs Stats 2nd semester, Offering 1st semester science4ever Academics 0 09-06-2011 08:04 PM
payed tuition maryam17 Financial Aid 5 09-20-2010 12:14 AM

Payed first semester but balance is still the same?

Old 01-09-2015 at 08:29 AM   #1
RedRanger

Liked: 0 Times

Payed first semester but balance is still the same?
So I went to look at the cost of my second semester and noticed that the balance was the same as the first semester. My parents offered to pay the first semester and I was with them when they did it, they seemed to follow all the instructions properly and it went through. Today I went to look at their bank statements and I can see that it was indeed sent and the recipient was 'McMaster University'.

Could it have been sent to the wrong department or something? I was supposed to have paid 60% the first semester and 40% the second, so I see no reason why the balance should be around the same number.
Old 01-09-2015 at 09:30 AM   #2
MuFasaChua

Liked: 0 Times

Did you get that balance from payment agreement or account statement? If its from the account statement, then you can try emailing the finance department? or administrators who are in-charge of financial or tuition related stuff.

When you transferred the payment, did you include your full name and student ID #? Lack of information may cause delays because the administrations that deals with this kind of stuff does not know who the money is from.

Another possible reason of same balance might be that you have add/drop courses. This is highly to happen if you are a part-time student bcuz the fees are charged according to the number of course(s) you are taking. *I might be wrong*
Old 01-09-2015 at 09:40 AM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

There's also interest on whatever wasn't paid in September.

Look at the full invoice to see when payments were made and an itemized list of everything you owe. You should be able to find the discrepancy that way, and if not (or if you feel the discrepancy is an error) contact Student Accounts and Cashiers.
Old 01-10-2015 at 05:41 AM   #4
ralts40(2)
Account Locked

Liked: 4 Times

I beleive they wait till drop/add date to accommodate for any course changes/addition to be included in the fee. Thats what they did during september.
Old 01-10-2015 at 05:46 AM   #5
ralts40(2)
Account Locked

Liked: 4 Times

The worst possible is if you sent money to a different student number by mistake and will lose the money, or even worse you might have funded a drug lord's account and will go to prison for 40-50 years. Otherwise, you are good