MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
options manap3000 Academics 1 08-24-2010 02:54 PM
OSAP and Payment Agreement - Payment Options Kathy2 Financial Aid 1 07-04-2010 12:53 PM
New Search Options Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-05-2010 01:35 PM
payment agreement funding options.... wht to fill? shreya s. First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-03-2008 08:15 PM
Payment Options confusion!! ishk33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-02-2008 05:44 PM

Payment options

Old 08-09-2009 at 11:25 PM   #1
psymbiote

Liked: 0 Times

Payment options
This also has to do somewhat with OSAP;
I sent in my letter from OSAP to Mac a few weeks ago (I was out of the country until then), and have to finish up on my payment agreement.

Currently, my OSAP status is 'Pending', and has been since I applied to OSAP.

When I choose the monthly plans (A or B) and OSAP together, I receive an error message along the lines of "Invalid combination of options". When I choose the installment plan, however, it lets me choose OSAP as well. I'm guessing from this that you can't choose the monthly plans as well as apply for OSAP. (Confirmation on this would be appreciated.)

If this is is the case, and I choose the installment plan, do I pay half the fees up front and have the OSAP take care of the latter half due in January (and pay any balance left over)? Or do I have to wait for OSAP to change status to "Confirmed" or whatever it changes to, and then choose my payment option?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-09-2009 at 11:38 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by psymbiote View Post
This also has to do somewhat with OSAP;
I sent in my letter from OSAP to Mac a few weeks ago (I was out of the country until then), and have to finish up on my payment agreement.

Currently, my OSAP status is 'Pending', and has been since I applied to OSAP.

When I choose the monthly plans (A or B) and OSAP together, I receive an error message along the lines of "Invalid combination of options". When I choose the installment plan, however, it lets me choose OSAP as well. I'm guessing from this that you can't choose the monthly plans as well as apply for OSAP. (Confirmation on this would be appreciated.)

If this is is the case, and I choose the installment plan, do I pay half the fees up front and have the OSAP take care of the latter half due in January (and pay any balance left over)? Or do I have to wait for OSAP to change status to "Confirmed" or whatever it changes to, and then choose my payment option?

Thanks in advance!
That is correct, you can only choose payment in full and instalments if you are planning to use OSAP.

Your Payment Agreement tells you everything you need to know about how much you have to pay for your first instalment and when you have to pay it (probably September 1st).

You'll have to wait for OSAP to change out of pending/estimate and then you'll have to reconfirm/amend your payment agreement.

Right now if you can choose OSAP then select it. You'll have to reconfirm once OSAP confirms that it's giving you money.

Edit: Your Payment Agreement is basically like a contract and I suggest you read through all of it carefully.

psymbiote says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-10-2009 at 12:23 AM   #3
psymbiote

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
That is correct, you can only choose payment in full and instalments if you are planning to use OSAP.

Your Payment Agreement tells you everything you need to know about how much you have to pay for your first instalment and when you have to pay it (probably September 1st).

You'll have to wait for OSAP to change out of pending/estimate and then you'll have to reconfirm/amend your payment agreement.

Right now if you can choose OSAP then select it. You'll have to reconfirm once OSAP confirms that it's giving you money.

Edit: Your Payment Agreement is basically like a contract and I suggest you read through all of it carefully.
So I go through with the installment plan first (while OSAP's still pending), and then check back at a later date for OSAP then?

Also, if OSAP passes before the September 1st due date for the first installment, is it possible to apply half of it to the September installment and the other half to the January one?

Sorry, it's confusing the heck out of me >_<
Old 08-10-2009 at 01:03 AM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by psymbiote View Post
So I go through with the installment plan first (while OSAP's still pending), and then check back at a later date for OSAP then?

Also, if OSAP passes before the September 1st due date for the first installment, is it possible to apply half of it to the September installment and the other half to the January one?

Sorry, it's confusing the heck out of me >_<
When you choose OSAP as a payment option, it will automatically deduct the first OSAP pickup (60% of your OSAP) from your tuition. When you go and "pick up" your OSAP, you basically redirect the money to McMaster.

You should also note that you can pay McMaster between September and January. The faster you pay your tuition, the less interest you will have to pay.

In January, if you still haven't paid off your tuition, you can use the rest of your OSAP (the last 40%) to pay off your tuition. If you don't have an outstanding balance then OSAP will go directly to your bank (don't forget to bring your banking information or a blank cheque). If the last 40% of OSAP covers more than the outstanding balance, then all of OSAP will go into your Student Account (that's where the money you owe McMaster is shown) and the extra money will be mailed in the form of a cheque.

psymbiote says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-10-2009 at 01:09 AM   #5
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Can you pay tuition early? ie., if I have teh money now, can i go in and cut a check this week, or do I have to wait for Sept 1 and pay it from OSAP?
Old 08-10-2009 at 01:25 AM   #6
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

You've got to wait.

I've actually had my payment go through days later than the first (depending on what day of the week the first falls on, if it's the long weekend etc). Kinda annoying. And misleading.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-11-2009 at 11:24 PM   #7
psymbiote

Does this mean you can only pay on September 1st and not earlier?
What does the September 1 date signify then, the deadline for the payment plan only?
Old 08-11-2009 at 11:27 PM   #8
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Payment is processed onSept 1st. So if you drop off a cheque early for example it doesn't get processed until Sept 1. or later (depending on business days and such).

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

psymbiote says thanks to lorend for this post.
Old 08-11-2009 at 11:33 PM   #9
psymbiote

Thanks for clearing that up!
Old 08-12-2009 at 07:50 AM   #10
tan_90

HEY!!!
I have a qts abt the payment. If I want to pay my tuition fees in full now, is this possible? If I pay now and later on want to change courses, will that be a problem?
Old 08-12-2009 at 11:03 AM   #11
u.yousaf

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan_90 View Post
HEY!!!
I have a qts abt the payment. If I want to pay my tuition fees in full now, is this possible? If I pay now and later on want to change courses, will that be a problem?
You have to pay Mac by Sept. 1st and as far as changing courses I don't think there should be any problems.

tan_90 says thanks to u.yousaf for this post.
Old 08-12-2009 at 11:51 AM   #12
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

You can pay now.

If you change courses three things may happen;

1. The course you change to costs more than the one you had before. This will cause you to owe McMaster money. You can pay at anytime HOWEVER interest will be tagged onto any oustanding balance at the end of each month.

2. The course you change to costs the same as the one you had before. Nothing will happen.

3. The course you change to costs less than the one you had before. This will result in a negative balance in your account statement. Not sure when, but they will mail you a cheque with that balance on it.

tan_90 says thanks to jhan523 for this post.