MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
peace studies 1A03 help please! pamlpc Academics 0 09-20-2010 08:33 AM
Question About Peace Studies 1a03 Mephisto First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-05-2008 04:55 PM

Peace Studies 1A03

Peace Studies 1A03
Intro to Peace Studies~
Published by Songstress~
04-06-2014
Published by

Peace Studies 1A03

Ah Peace Studies 1A03....
...the course was a very easy course, however very boring.

This course is supposed to talk about peace, war, security, conflict, violence and non-violence and how exactly do we attain peace. Key word to note is "supposed". Did I learn any of that no. Did I learn anything at all? Sadly no. In fact we really didn't do anything, hardly anyone bothered to come to lecture.
I had Dr. Doubleday, she is a really nice person but a horrible Prof! She never had a lesson planned. The course was very unorganized (even the TA's didn't know what was going on!)
Basically this course was a free for all, I took no notes (well there were really no notes to take), and just showed up for tutorial (because sometimes we would discuss readings). All in all it was a super easy course because you quite literally do nothing.

Assignments:
Peace Journal/Reflection: (20%) Basically you have to attend an event that promoted peace (she highly encouraged people to go to the Gandhi Peace Festival), and write a reflection summarizing the event and basically your thoughts and reflection on peace.
Garden of Eden/Wall Project: (50%) So originally for this project we were supposed to design a wall that would reflect aspects of peace (like security, non-violence etc.) and make this alleyway by the methadone clinic in down town Hamilton appear more pedestrian friendly and safe. Then in your tutorial you had to present your wall, if the TA's liked your groups then you'd go on to the next round where the city would vote on which wall they liked. Yeaa didn't really happen that way, half way through the semester the project collapsed and the TA's were like just make a peace wall an present it with a reflection.
Exam: (30%) My advice is to do all the readings. Even if your TA tells you otherwise do ALL of the readings yourself or find summaries online. My TA screwed me over by telling me that certain readings were not on the exam when in reality they were. I didn't really have time to do all the readings because I had two exams that day
>.<
However we did get a bonus if we found an error in the exam...should be noted that people found many errors in the exam.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Peace Studies 1A03!

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search