MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Peace Studies 2A03/ 3B03 Sameen Academics 2 06-14-2011 07:56 PM
Latin 1Z03 Sultan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 07-20-2009 05:38 PM
Latin 1ZZ3/1Z03 stevennevets Academics 1 08-09-2008 12:07 AM
Latin 1Z03/1ZZ3 Slipetz Academics 0 09-03-2007 08:18 PM

Peace Studies 2a03 Or Latin 1z03?

Old 06-07-2011 at 10:37 PM   #1
janaasaad

Liked: 0 Times

Peace Studies 2a03 Or Latin 1z03?
Hi,

I'm looking for easy electives for next Fall. I am choosing between PEACE STUDIES 2A03 and LATIN 1Z03. Any ideas on any of these courses? I'm looking for the EASIEST course possible!!
Old 06-07-2011 at 10:40 PM   #2
Allana:)

Liked: 46 Times

Latin is not easy. It is A LOT of work. It's fun if you love languages, but a NIGHTMARE if you don't. I've never taken peace studies but I would definitely recommend it for you over latin.

janaasaad says thanks to Allana:) for this post.
Old 06-07-2011 at 10:45 PM   #3
janaasaad

Are there any bird courses that you recommend? Something that guarantees an A or an A+ perhaps?
Old 06-07-2011 at 10:49 PM   #4

I thought linguistics was incredibly easy and hardly any work. However, I've heard some people say that it's mindbogglingly pointless. I love it, but to each his/her own.

Really though, I would recommend taking courses that sound interesting to you because they will probably also end up being easy for you.
Old 06-07-2011 at 10:50 PM   #5
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by janaasaad View Post
Hi,

I'm looking for easy electives for next Fall. I am choosing between PEACE STUDIES 2A03 and LATIN 1Z03. Any ideas on any of these courses? I'm looking for the EASIEST course possible!!

1) We don't know what your definition of easy is. It is different things for different people. Elaborate on what you're looking for exactly.

2) Languages in general are difficult. At Mac, Latin is probably the most difficult. It is a LOT of work, memorizing, etc. It requires the utmost of dedication

3) Peace Studies sounds fruity, but it's not. Not as much time investment as Latin, but it's a different type of difficult. There is a lot of discussion in Peace Studies classes, and you can't participate in discussion if you haven't done the readings and understood them

But again, tell us what you DON'T want in a class

janaasaad says thanks to AelyaS for this post.
Old 06-07-2011 at 10:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
1) We don't know what your definition of easy is. It is different things for different people. Elaborate on what you're looking for exactly.

2) Languages in general are difficult. At Mac, Latin is probably the most difficult. It is a LOT of work, memorizing, etc. It requires the utmost of dedication

3) Peace Studies sounds fruity, but it's not. Not as much time investment as Latin, but it's a different type of difficult. There is a lot of discussion in Peace Studies classes, and you can't participate in discussion if you haven't done the readings and understood them

But again, tell us what you DON'T want in a class
Excellent point.
Old 06-07-2011 at 10:54 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Are there any bird courses that you recommend? Something that guarantees an A or an A+ perhaps?
That would mean the class average is an A or A+ which is impossible...
Old 06-08-2011 at 10:59 AM   #8
janaasaad

Thanks for your replies guys! Well by easy I mean a course something that is both interesting, but at the same time studying hard for it would pay off. This is practically my fifth year at Mac and I’m here to up my cumulative GPA from an A- to an A. I have always taken courses that were interesting but not necessarily easy, and some of them didn’t do me well when it comes to my GPA. I’m taking MUSIC 2F03 right now and I was wondering if anyone knows of a course that is similar to it: it’s interesting, and there are only 2 MC midterms, which if you study hard for, you can get a grade that is above 90%. A course with no group work/essays like this would be great. I also heard linguistics was easy, but then some people said that the prof changed and that it’s much harder now.. Any ideas?
Old 06-08-2011 at 11:08 AM   #9
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Thanks for your replies guys! Well by easy I mean a course something that is both interesting, but at the same time studying hard for it would pay off. This is practically my fifth year at Mac and I’m here to up my cumulative GPA from an A- to an A. I have always taken courses that were interesting but not necessarily easy, and some of them didn’t do me well when it comes to my GPA. I’m taking MUSIC 2F03 right now and I was wondering if anyone knows of a course that is similar to it: it’s interesting, and there are only 2 MC midterms, which if you study hard for, you can get a grade that is above 90%. A course with no group work/essays like this would be great. I also heard linguistics was easy, but then some people said that the prof changed and that it’s much harder now.. Any ideas?

Linguistics is hit or miss. There is never a consistent number of people who like it or don't. But by the time you figure out if you like it or not, it's too late to change.

Look into Theatre 1T03. It's an interesting course and relatively easy. It also has some of the best TA's at the school, hands down. There are essays, sorry to tell you, but they aren't really difficult. The midterm for Theatre is MC.

janaasaad says thanks to AelyaS for this post.
Old 06-08-2011 at 11:23 AM   #10
janaasaad

Yes I know! I took Thtr & Film 1T03 and it was one of my fav courses. It's extremely interesting and I ended up with a 10. I'm looking into Thtr & Film 2S03 and Music 1A03. Has anyone hear anything about any of these two?