Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
STATS 2B03 vs STATS 2D03 jhan523 Academics 2 06-13-2009 12:53 AM

For people who've taken Stats 2B03

Old 01-02-2012 at 12:00 PM   #1
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

For people who've taken Stats 2B03
Does the Minitab you use need to be version 14 as the Titles booklist says? I acquired v16, and I'm not sure if I should also get v14.
Old 01-02-2012 at 12:33 PM   #2
ellerytc

Liked: 25 Times

V16 is fine.
I didn't buy Minitab, I used the version on the library instead and it was version 16
the instructions for the assignments in the lab manual were still applicable to version 16

so yeah you shouldn't have any trouble

justinsftw says thanks to ellerytc for this post.
Old 01-02-2012 at 12:33 PM   #3
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
Does the Minitab you use need to be version 14 as the Titles booklist says? I acquired v16, and I'm not sure if I should also get v14.
It depends how different they are...all the instructions will pertain to the version that's at Titles. If they're not too different you should be able to follow along/figure it out regardless. I'd say to try with the version you have, and if it's too different either use the ones in the computer lab or buy from Titles later on.

justinsftw says thanks to nerual for this post.
Old 01-02-2012 at 12:36 PM   #4
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

I had Minitab 16, and took Stats this past semester. The instructions work perfectly fine for v16.

justinsftw says thanks to Freak705 for this post.
Old 01-02-2012 at 01:37 PM   #5
spyridm

Liked: 46 Times

the only thing you have to watch out for is the decimals ...
i had one question where it asked for 3 d.p. and it only gave 2 in v.16- i asked the TA in my lab section and he said to just add a 0 at the end... and then i lost a mark :(

justinsftw says thanks to spyridm for this post.