MacInsiders Logo

What personality are you?

Old 07-02-2012 at 03:48 PM   #1
naval23

Liked: 33 Times

What personality are you?
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

I am an ISTJ.

As an ISTJ, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion. Your secondary mode is external, where you deal with things rationally and logically.

ISTJs are quiet and reserved individuals who are interested in security and peaceful living. They have a strongly-felt internal sense of duty, which lends them a serious air and the motivation to follow through on tasks. Organized and methodical in their approach, they can generally succeed at any task which they undertake.

ISTJs are very loyal, faithful, and dependable. They place great importance on honesty and integrity. They are "good citizens" who can be depended on to do the right thing for their families and communities. While they generally take things very seriously, they also usually have an offbeat sense of humor and can be a lot of fun - especially at family or work-related gatherings.

ISTJs tend to believe in laws and traditions, and expect the same from others. They're not comfortable with breaking laws or going against the rules. If they are able to see a good reason for stepping outside of the established mode of doing things, the ISTJ will support that effort. However, ISTJs more often tend to believe that things should be done according to procedures and plans. If an ISTJ has not developed their Intuitive side sufficiently, they may become overly obsessed with structure, and insist on doing everything "by the book".

The ISTJ is extremely dependable on following through with things which he or she has promised. For this reason, they sometimes get more and more work piled on them. Because the ISTJ has such a strong sense of duty, they may have a difficult time saying "no" when they are given more work than they can reasonably handle. For this reason, the ISTJ often works long hours, and may be unwittingly taken advantage of.

The ISTJ will work for long periods of time and put tremendous amounts of energy into doing any task which they see as important to fulfilling a goal. However, they will resist putting energy into things which don't make sense to them, or for which they can't see a practical application. They prefer to work alone, but work well in teams when the situation demands it.

The ISTJ is extremely faithful and loyal. Traditional and family-minded, they will put forth great amounts of effort at making their homes and families running smoothly. They are responsible parents, taking their parenting roles seriously. They are usually good and generous providers to their families. They care deeply about those close to them, although they usually are not comfortable with expressing their love. The ISTJ is likely to express their affection through actions, rather than through words.

ISTJs have an excellent ability to take any task and define it, organize it, plan it, and implement it through to completion. They are very hard workers, who do not allow obstacles to get in the way of performing their duties. They do not usually give themselves enough credit for their achievements, seeing their accomplishments simply as the natural fulfillment of their obligations.

Under stress, ISTJs may fall into "catastrophe mode", where they see nothing but all of the possibilities of what could go wrong. They will berate themselves for things which they should have done differently, or duties which they failed to perform. They will lose their ability to see things calmly and reasonably, and will depress themselves with their visions of doom.

In general, the ISTJ has a tremendous amount of potential. Capable, logical, reasonable, and effective individuals with a deeply driven desire to promote security and peaceful living, the ISTJ has what it takes to be highly effective at achieving their chosen goals - whatever they may be.
Old 07-02-2012 at 03:56 PM   #2
Purple2309

Liked: 17 Times

I'm an ISFP: Introversion(strong), sensing(moderate), feeling(moderate) and percieving (moderate).

Last edited by Purple2309 : 07-02-2012 at 04:23 PM.

XNtrikster likes this.
Old 07-02-2012 at 04:04 PM   #3
Bug324

Liked: 25 Times

I'm an INFP.

sinthusized likes this.
Old 07-02-2012 at 04:08 PM   #4
XNtrikster

Liked: 6 Times

Another ISFP "artist" here! high Ti however makes me a bit of a borderline ISTP.
Very high Introversion, high Extraverted Sensing, very high Introverted Feeling... Almost nonexistent Extraverted Thinking. High Perceiving of course, makes life more fun

Last edited by XNtrikster : 07-02-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-02-2012 at 04:20 PM   #5
despairless
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

ESFJ!
Extravert(67%) Sensing(12%) Feeling(50%) Judging(28%)

I'm very balanced when it comes to feeling and thinking lol
Old 07-02-2012 at 04:36 PM   #6
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

I was struggling to answer the first question >_> I'm not late, but was unsure of I put yes or no. >_<
Old 07-02-2012 at 04:46 PM   #7
Gorn

Liked: 7 Times

I've taken this test many times and always get either ENTJ or ENFJ.

This time, I got ENFJ.
Old 07-02-2012 at 04:46 PM   #8
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Oh I love personality tests... sorry if I copypasta lots of stuff so I'll read it later. Lots of Is here... then again all the Es are hanging out wit their buttload of friend. :K

This result matched the one I had in first year (1XX3), so the site seems legit. Apparently its a rare type (1-4%), and males outnumber females 4:1. I'm speshial.

INTJ
Introvert(89%) iNtuitive(50%) iNtuitive Thinking(50%) Judging(78%)
You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)
You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (78%)

Description http://typelogic.com/intj.html , but here's better: http://www.personalitypage.c om/INTJ.html

The coles notes ("The Scientist," "Masterminds"): Know exactly what they are good at (self-aware, etc). Have an unusual combination of both imagination and reliability. In a group, are even-handed with recognition, but viscous with slackers and such. Typically science and engineering (hell yeah!) education, depending on a combination of intellect and incisiveness. Inherently somewhat unconventional, with little patience and understanding of social conventions, complicated by being rather private and somewhat impassive. But, have a strong desire to "work at" and "understand" relationships, and when they established, they tend to be stable, strong and well-communicated.

From the other link, interesting stuff:

INTJs are natural leaders, although they usually choose to remain in the background until they see a real need to take over the lead. When they are in leadership roles, they are quite effective, because they are able to objectively see the reality of a situation, and are adaptable enough to change things which aren't working well. They are the supreme strategists - always scanning available ideas and concepts and weighing them against their current strategy, to plan for every conceivable contingency.
--> YES. I almost assume "group leader" most of the time. Have issues trusting other people to keep us on time.

Other people may have a difficult time understanding an INTJ. They may see them as aloof and reserved. Indeed, the INTJ is not overly demonstrative of their affections, and is likely to not give as much praise or positive support as others may need or desire. That doesn't mean that he or she doesn't truly have affection or regard for others, they simply do not typically feel the need to express it. Others may falsely perceive the INTJ as being rigid and set in their ways. Nothing could be further from the truth, because the INTJ is committed to always finding the objective best strategy to implement their ideas. The INTJ is usually quite open to hearing an alternative way of doing something.
--> Holy Sh!+ YES.

When under a great deal of stress, the INTJ may become obsessed with mindless repetitive, Sensate activities, such as over-drinking. They may also tend to become absorbed with minutia and details that they would not normally consider important to their overall goal.
--> Watched all of Being Human (US) season 1 yesterday because I was a bit upset. If I had any lecture notes to do I would have done that...

Last edited by britb : 07-02-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Misspolitics likes this.
Old 07-02-2012 at 05:04 PM   #9
XNtrikster

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I was struggling to answer the first question >_> I'm not late, but was unsure of I put yes or no. >_<
Yeah some of the questions on those quizzes can be confusing and hard to answer. But they are not the only method of determining your MBTI type. In these things you have to try to be as honest in your responses as possible, try to go with your gut response, and to answer the questions in terms of who you are, not who you would prefer to be. You could (and probably should) also look at the profiles of each of the 16 types, which you'll find in the links that britb posted, and you should also try examining your cognitive functions so you can have a better idea of what your type is. Really looking into the types is even a more accurate method overall than by just taking the test. Try some of that, and maybe you can tell us your type
Old 07-02-2012 at 06:01 PM   #10
inthemaking

Liked: 26 Times

ISFJ

It's what I usually score, though I've also gotten ESFJ before too. Right on the cusp of I/E I guess.

drpatel likes this.
Old 07-02-2012 at 06:05 PM   #11
Yogurt

Liked: 237 Times

ISTP
Introvert(56%) Sensing(12%) Thinking(12%) Perceiving(22)%
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (12%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

XNtrikster likes this.
Old 07-02-2012 at 06:33 PM   #12
Differential

Liked: 20 Times

I(78) S(38) T(75) J(56)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (38%)
You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (75%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)
Old 07-02-2012 at 07:38 PM   #13
drpatel

Liked: 70 Times

Wow ISFJ-Introvert(44%) Sensing(38%) Feeling(75%) Judging(22%)
that seems...pretty accurate, I admit I'm pretty introverted but I'm not too sure about the feeling one...
Old 07-02-2012 at 09:06 PM   #14
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by despairless View Post
ESFJ!
Extravert(67%) Sensing(12%) Feeling(50%) Judging(28%)

I'm very balanced when it comes to feeling and thinking lol
I think you're reading the percentages wrong. 50% means you have a 50% greater preference for F over T. You're more balanced for sensing vs intuition.

For example, I got sensing (1%), meaning I'm pretty much equal between sensing and intuition. The higher the number, the greater the preference for that over the other.
Old 07-02-2012 at 09:23 PM   #15
Vessi
Tiny

Liked: 44 Times

ESFP

Extravert(22%) Sensing(88%) Feeling(12%) Perceiving(11)%
You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (22%)
You have strong preference of Sensing over Intuition (88%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)