MacInsiders Logo
Old 02-27-2012 at 09:50 AM   #1
arjunbhaga

Liked: 0 Times

pharmaceuticals
Hello to anyone who wants to participate:

Just wanting some opinions on the pharmaceutical industry. What are sone cons (negative aspects/qualities) of pharmaceutical companies?
Thanks!!!

Old 03-01-2012 at 10:01 AM   #2
bryan_hardy7

Liked: 0 Times

I'd say the biggest negative aspect is the size and amount of influence that pharmaceutical companies now exert over the medical establishment and the scientific community when it comes to drug creation. They benefit when we have a sick population because they can make a drug for each particular dis-ease that treats symptoms mostly and never solves the root cause. They trick people into thinking that you'll find health in a pill. Drugs definitely have their place but that place should be a small fraction of what it is now. They are simply too big, make too much money and has vested interest in keeping that going while the public suffer the consequences of having to live in a system that isn't looking out for their best interest when it comes to treating dis-ease and illness. Basically the way I see it they have taken control over the entire health care and medical establishment and this has led to the current system we have now of well meaning doctors and healthcare workers who are just doing what they've been taught which is very biased by big pharma influence. Personally I try to avoid taking pharmaceuticals whenever possible and look for holistic natural approaches to achieving the highest level of health possible. We need to take the power away from big pharma and take personal responsibility in educating ourselves about health and medicine so that we can make informed decisions about how we are going to go about finding treatment for whatever health issue it is we may be experiencing. I could talk all day about this stuff. Anyway these are just my opinions. My only credentials are that I have dedicated my life to natural health since having my own issues to deal with. Also my Father has worked in the pharma industry for the past 30 years in quality assurance, for companies such as astrazeneca, pfizer, Organon as well as a few others that I can't remember right now. Oh and don't forget the crap they pull with the FDA in terms of getting drugs approved and blocking alternatives from coming to market. The whole situation is just really messed up and we need to become aware of it in order to start making positive changes. There's my rant for the day. Hope this was helpful.

Old 03-01-2012 at 10:55 AM   #3
Goran

Liked: 43 Times

Translation: This is probably homework or an assignment for some class but I'm too lazy to even Google it. lolz

britb, Ish001, RyanC, sayok8737 like this.
Old 03-01-2012 at 10:10 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunbhaga View Post
Hello to anyone who wants to participate:

Just wanting some opinions on the pharmaceutical industry. What are sone cons (negative aspects/qualities) of pharmaceutical companies?
Thanks!!!

Why don't you tell us what you think, so you can excersise your brain muscle?
Old 03-02-2012 at 10:49 AM   #5
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

they don't develop vaccines and treatments for diseases they can cure because once the disease is completely cured, the market for the vaccine disappears
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences