anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Philos 1E03, Labr St 1A03, Antrop 1A03
Does anyone have any feedback/advice/comments on:
Philos 1E03
Labr St 1A03
Antrop 1A03?

I'm not really good nor bad at writing essay (if that helps :o)
Old 06-29-2011 at 01:20 PM   #2
oranges

Liked: 34 Times

Of those, I've only taken Philos 1E03, but I can tell you it's not a very difficult course even if you're not that great of a writer. There's really only one essay that you have to write in the course (four to five pages if I remember correctly), plus four two-page reading summaries, which are really easy assuming you don't mind reading a bit of philosophy. Don't worry too much about not being a great essay writer. The TAs should tell you exactly what they're looking for, and as long as you follow the given guidelines you'll be good.

If you have somewhat of an interest in philosophy then I'd recommend taking it. The overall workload is relatively light and the prof is hilarious.
Old 06-29-2011 at 01:27 PM   #3
anonanon987
Power Abuser

I replaced Labr and Antrop with the two Geography courses as I read reviews on those two and they seem relatively easy to get a double digit mark. Also, thank you for the quick feedback on that course, I guess I'll stick with it. I'm not that bad when it comes to writing essays and need something outside of my faculty which is light. Would you say it would be easy to attain a double digit if you try really hard?
Old 06-29-2011 at 01:37 PM   #4
oranges

Liked: 34 Times

Yep, I'd say so. Although it would definitely help a bit if you get a good TA. The TAs mark everything in the course so unfortunately you might get unlucky and get a not-so-good TA, which could affect your mark a bit. I haven't heard too many complaints, though, and from what I can tell, most of the TAs were clear in explaining what they wanted for the assignments and the essay. If not, you could always just ask your TA what they're looking for. The assignments themselves aren't hard, but if you don't have an interest in the material they might be a pain.

As long as you go to lecture regularly and you don't leave anything until the last minute (and you don't hate philosophy ) then you should be able to get a great mark, given that you put in the effort.
Old 06-29-2011 at 02:11 PM   #5
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Check check and check.
I don't hate philosophy, I don't leave anything to last minute, I'm not afraid to ask my TA what they're looking for, and I will attend all lectures.

Thanks oranges. =]