Daily game Oct 07 : Red Dragon Rampage Chad Daily Game 0 10-07-2013 04:04 AM
Daily game Mar 31 : Red Dragon Rampage Chad Daily Game 0 03-31-2011 04:20 AM

Pho Rong Vang - Golden Dragon Vietnamese Restaurant

Old 04-22-2014 at 02:38 PM   #1
HILLyBilly
Account Locked

Liked: 13 Times

Pho Rong Vang - Golden Dragon Vietnamese Restaurant

Located near Mr. Sub, Pho Rong Vang (translate to Golden Dragon Rice Noodle) officially open this week. I was pleasantly surprise by the ambient and the menu. Portion was perfect for a hungry student while the price remains competitive considering its proximity to the University.

Anyone else was fortunate enough to eat at this fine establishment? How do you compare it to the white-washed restaurant in Westdale or the overly-rude location in Downtown?

Chad, Entropy, VitaSoy all say thanks to HILLyBilly for this post.
Old 04-22-2014 at 09:36 PM   #2
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Thanks for sharing the menu! I was interested to try this place out
Old 04-22-2014 at 10:52 PM   #3
widyanci

Liked: 2 Times

I just went there with my boyfriend. This place is better than Saigon and my bf actually works at a Viet Restaurant. He said that place is pretty good.

VitaSoy likes this.
Old 04-23-2014 at 06:20 PM   #4
ledmt

Liked: Liked 4 Times

This place is great! I just went on Monday with a friend of mine, and it's a lot better than what I expected! Plus, the employees are friendly to talk to in Viet!
Old 04-23-2014 at 09:30 PM   #5
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

I recently went with a group of friends and we were absolutely delighted with the service and the portions were fair for the price.
Old 04-23-2014 at 09:31 PM   #6
Milk.Tea

Liked: 21 Times

I went there today and it was alright. I got a medium pho and it filled me up pretty well.
They didn't give me a pepper for my soup, which is something I usually like with my pho. The vegetables they do give you are bean sprouts, lemon grass, lime, and mint.
Their service was a little slow, but they just opened so they might be getting used to things.
Overall, much better than saigon, and cleaner.
Old 04-23-2014 at 09:44 PM   #7
HILLyBilly
Account Locked

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk.Tea View Post
I went there today and it was alright. I got a medium pho and it filled me up pretty well.
They didn't give me a pepper for my soup, which is something I usually like with my pho. The vegetables they do give you are bean sprouts, lemon grass, lime, and mint.
Their service was a little slow, but they just opened so they might be getting used to things.
Overall, much better than saigon, and cleaner.
Did you ask for a pepper when you order? The majority of people do not eat them so it just get thrown away which is why most places just have a pepper jar on a table instead of giving it individually. If there is enough demand for it, Pho Rong Vang probably will just do the same thing or leave it to individual request. The place is still new, staff need a bit of time to get adjusted. It will be stream lined soon enough. The people there seems very open about feedback so don't hesitate to chime in.

Definitely second regarding the pro against Saigon. In fact, Saigon have been screwing around because they think they have the monopoly on Vietnamese food around campus, I'm glad that Pho Rong Vang came in to prove them wrong.

widyanci likes this.