MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone decent with Photoshop out here? xxsumz Computers & Tech 2 09-15-2010 02:25 PM
Printing posters/photoshop help lawleypop Computers & Tech 21 05-27-2010 04:15 PM
Photoshop now does your homework JeffB Computers & Tech 4 04-01-2010 12:06 PM
Photoshop CS5 Most Amazing Thing Ever! mike_302 Computers & Tech 28 03-27-2010 02:31 AM
PhotoShop On campus? huzaifa47 Computers & Tech 11 03-03-2010 12:54 PM

photoshop

Old 03-24-2011 at 09:48 PM   #1
epikness

Liked: 37 Times

photoshop
Hi,
I bought the Photoshop program from Titles. Can anyone tell me how many times I can download it and on how many computers? (because there is a limit on certain softwares that they can only be downloaded a few times).
+ a friend is asking me if she can borrow it, should i give it to her (asking because of the student licence thing). and can anyone explain what they mean by the student licence thing?

thanks
Old 03-24-2011 at 09:50 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

not really sure but from previous experience, if its a download there is only a limited number of downloads/installations which is stupid. if they gave u a key u should be able to do it unlimited times. u shoulda just pirated it
Old 03-24-2011 at 09:57 PM   #3
pinkfish

Liked: 0 Times

http://graphicssoft.about.co m/od/p...anyinstall.htm

epikness says thanks to pinkfish for this post.
Old 03-24-2011 at 09:58 PM   #4
epikness

key as in the serial number?
yeah, they gave the serial number if this is what u mean by the key
Old 03-24-2011 at 10:04 PM   #5
epikness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfish View Post
thank u soo much for this
so if u r given the serial number, u can only activate photoshop on maximum 2 computers?
Old 03-25-2011 at 11:46 AM   #6
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by epikness View Post
thank u soo much for this
so if u r given the serial number, u can only activate photoshop on maximum 2 computers?
Yes, that is how it works. However you can deactivate the program once you have it installed from within photoshop regaining one of your two activations, so you can transfer computers. You must have PS linked to your adobe ID for this to work, which is pretty much mandatory anyway, as you can't get updates without doing this. Photoshop will bug you to do this right from the get-go too.

So you can have it on more than 2 computers, but only 2 computers at any given time. Just be careful not to format a computer without deactivating PS first, as you will lose an activation.

Last edited by REPLEKIA/. : 03-25-2011 at 11:50 AM.