MacInsiders Logo
Old 06-22-2015 at 01:52 AM   #1
TripleLu

Liked: 0 Times

Physics 1B03
For Physics 1B03, it says:

Prerequisite(s): Either Grade 12 Physics U or PHYSICS 1L03; and either Grade 12 Calculus and Vectors U or MATH 1F03; and credit or registration in one of ARTS&SCI 1D06, MATH 1A03, 1LS3, 1X03, 1Z04

Does it mean that I have to take one of the Math courses in order to take Physics 1B03?
Old 06-22-2015 at 02:15 AM   #2
lilrush

Liked: 6 Times

If i'm not mistaken, physics 1B03 doesn't exist anymore does it? I'm pretty sure it's now physics 1A03.

TripleLu likes this.
Old 06-22-2015 at 12:28 PM   #3
MegamanZero

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrush View Post
If i'm not mistaken, physics 1B03 doesn't exist anymore does it? I'm pretty sure it's now physics 1A03.
Correct; there's no 1L03 or 1B03. You'll have to take physics 1A03 and the only pre-requisite is grade 12 math. You should be fine

TripleLu says thanks to MegamanZero for this post.

TripleLu likes this.
Old 06-28-2015 at 10:29 PM   #4
leavealegacy

Liked: 1 Time

but you can still enrol into 1bo3.. what is the difference between 1bo3 and 1ao3
Old 06-29-2015 at 01:35 AM   #5
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

you can't enrol in 1B03... the last opportunity to take it was May-June. Regarding the difference, 1B03 required a Grade 12 physics credit and there was actually quite a bit of calculus in my opinion (derivatives, integrals, partial derivatives). Content wise, it should have been review of Grade 11 and 12 physics all the way up until some of the waves topics and fluids which was basically the last month of class. 1A03 is also going to have online modules in addition to the lectures simply because for 1B03, they were pretty tight on time and the fact that they've merged and there's students with and without a physics background, it requires more time to teach concepts. So anyone who has taken Grade 12 physics will definitely have an advantage in this class because I can't see them making this course any more difficult or equally difficult simply because theres still those students who have never taken physics before. Like imagine the people who took physics in grades 11 and 12 and are taking it once again so it will be the third exposure for some topics(kinematics, projectile motion, forces, energy, momentum) compared to those who are seeing these topics for the first time.

Last edited by Imperious : 06-29-2015 at 01:43 AM.