MacInsiders Logo
Old 08-23-2012 at 11:15 AM   #1
AnanC206
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

Physics 1B03
I need physics 1B03 second semester, however it is full. For now I just have 1L03 in my schedule, but how can I get 1B03.I need it second semester because for some reason math needs to be first and physics 1b03 second.
Old 08-23-2012 at 11:22 AM   #2
kaitotst

Liked: 33 Times

Just be patient and wait. Especially since it's second semester, you'll have the entire first semester to keep checking. A lot of people drop this course during September/first few weeks into the course so just be patient and keep on checking.

Old 08-23-2012 at 11:38 AM   #3
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

u could do it in first term if u wanted. math doesnt need to come first. having them in same term is fine
Old 08-23-2012 at 02:06 PM   #4
AnanC206
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

Yeah but I dont want to have both physics and math in the same semester. Could I have math second and physics first? Someone said that that wasn't possible.
Old 08-23-2012 at 02:08 PM   #5
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

idk about that. life sci math is like a bird course anyways so having math and physics is nothing. all engineers do that and many science kids do too.
Old 08-24-2012 at 01:26 AM   #6
Atheist?

Liked: 31 Times

math 1a03/ls3 is not offered second term to my knowledge
in addition you will require nothing from math 1a03 in physics 1b03
i am assuming you are only taking the course for med school and that you will never take physics again. dont worry too much about the course

if you really want a good mark with little work; take the course in the summer term or online (online marks dont count for most grad schools though)

good luck with the course and dont worry too much; its just first year
Old 08-24-2012 at 01:58 PM   #7
kaitotst

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist? View Post
math 1a03/ls3 is not offered second term to my knowledge
in addition you will require nothing from math 1a03 in physics 1b03
i am assuming you are only taking the course for med school and that you will never take physics again. dont worry too much about the course
the only thing you'd need to know from math 1a03 in physics is how to integrate.
when I took both courses together, integration was actually introduced in physics way before it was taught in math (i took them both in the same term), so math doesn't really prepare u much for physics if you take it along with physics.

plus, the integration you're required to do is very basic, unlike the ones in math >_>